Conflicting ovulation tests? Confused!

~LunarMagick~

2yo son TTC#2 after loss
Reaction score
So, I have 2 different brands of ovulation tests. Both of them are internet cheapies I bought in bulk. I had bought some test strips from babyhopes.com and just recently got my new ones in from eBay. They are Wonfo test strips...from Hong Kong. Anyway, earlier I took one of the Wondfo and it was positive (yay!)...then about an hour later, I took one of the ones from babyhopes.com and it was negative. I'm quite confused. Can anybody shed some light on this for me? Thanks you guys! Baby dust to us all!
Btw, I'm on cycle day 16...and this is around the normal time I would ovulate.

It could be that you caught the tail end of your surge with the Wondfo and then an hour later when you tested, your surge was already over.

OR, the other one might not be as sensitive as the Wondfo. I've had this happen where I used the CB digital with smiley face and the First Response. I used the same pee for both of them. The CB gave a positive and FR didn't. The next day, I got a positive from the FR. I think CB ones are just more sensitive and pick up the surge a little earlier. If I were you, I'd get down to BD'ing!!! Good luck!

Thank you heart tree. That's what I was thinking it could be. I think the first test I took was more sensitive. I'm gonna test again before I go to bed and see how it turns out. Good Luck to you too!!

Yep, definitely. Tests usually have different strengths - you should be able to read this on the pack though and take inference from that. ie. whether the tests were different or whether you caught the tail end of a surge. Having said that, if you tested within an hour with both tests id probably go with the former!

Also have a look at www.peeonastick.com as well if you have any other questions.

Good luck, hun!

Thanks to both of you! I tested before bed last night and got the strongest line I had so far, and testing today it's lighter again! So, I'm sure I had my surge yesterday. DH and I BDed last night and right after, I started having ovulation pains in my left side! Talk about perfect timing. Wish me luck! My fingers are crossed that something good happens and it sticks! Good luck to you guys too! Thanks for responding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->