Conflicting Symptoms/Confusion? Help :(

Aleriya

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I need some advice and opinions. We had an IVF planned, but it was converted into IUI as only 3 follies were fully matured. We had the IUI June 2nd. On June 6th there was extreme back pains and cramping. The 7th of June there was a little bit of brown discharge (literally a couple of tiny drops). Anyways, this felt too early for implantation, but we had remained hopeful.

I should note this was stimulated and a trigger shot was used. Also, the use of Crinone vaginal gel 8% 2x a day.

Anyways, as the 2WW progressed, little things would happen that would feel like hope, such as extremely sore breasts (I know progesterone can cause that)....However, it was to the point that rolling over or lightly bumping would just hurt. Fatigue, increase in urination, etc...

Fast forward to today, we have been doing tests this week, just in case we were lucky enough to get an early BFP. However, even this morning (13days post iui), it was still a BFN, not even a faint line. Well, today there is a bit of period like cramping, but I know a period won't start until the Crinone is stopped.

I think we just were overly hopeful and excited from all the symptoms (that logically looking at were from the Crinone). So, now we're a bit down in the dumps and confused. We used the First Response Early Response, since it is meant to be sensitive. Tomorrow is our BETA, and I was wondering what you guys think our chances are? Should we stop being hopeful, and prepare to be making plans for another cycle?

Thanking you in Advance! ](*,)

So sorry for your BFN Aleriya. I hope you're doing ok.

I had an IUI this cycle too and am now 14 dpo with a BFN. Crinone gave me awful progesterone symptoms the first cycle I used it, like crazy sore boobs and constipation, but not so much this time. I always assumed that AF wouldn't start until after I stopped progesterone, but crinone did not keep my AF away last time, she showed up exactly 14 days after my IUI. I'm sure the same thing will happen this month. It sucks!

Wishnandhopn,

I'm sorry, I understand how that is. It's terrible because you get your hopes up from all the faux symptoms. I hope you do end up with a BFP, and maybe the stick just isn't picking it up for you yet. It's a terrible waiting game. When do you go for your BETA? Best of luck!!

Did you get a very swollen stomach? My partners cycle just started today, and because of the lack of communication with our clinic we are confused as to what we are meant to do, until I ring tomorrow. Did you have problems like that? Like before the first cycle they had the plans and medication all sorted so we had it before the menstruation from our chemist. Now, we don't know what the plan is. It makes things a lot more stressful when you just don't know, doesn't it?

My beta is on Wed but I know it will be negative because AF showed her ugly face today.

I didn't really get too bloated, but I was on a pretty low dose of gonal-f and I only had 1-2 follicles. Did you call the clinic to find out your next step? I think they will probably make you wait 1-2 cycles between to let the ovaries recover from the stimulation. My clinic has me wait 1 cycle between medicated IUI cycles, and I will have to wait 2 cycles before we start IVF.

It's so frustrating when things don't go the way you expected and then you really want to know what they're going to do differently next time! I've heard that the first IVF is a bit of an experiment, trying to get the right protocol. I really hope you have better luck with your next cycle! Baby dust to you!

Hi Wishn,

I hate that for you :( AF is such a downer during times like this. Hopefully your next cycle will be the cycle that works for you! AF came fully on heavy Sunday, we called Monday, had an appointment today. Starting stims again tonight. There are already 4 new follicles on the right ovary, but they couldn't get a good picture of the left to see what was happening there. They said that some of the gonal might still be in her system.

So, tonight we go back to 450 gonal and 150 menopur, plus the clexane. Another scan on Friday to see where we are at. Hoping this time we can do IVF and it doesn't get converted like last night. Since there are already 4 follies just on the right, I'm crossing everything.

Why does your clinic make you wait between cycles? I know that after a couple of cycles it is good to take a break, but I thought you could do back to back cycles. Our Doctor said it was no problem. Should I be worried? I think I had talked to you about the clinic change? So, now I'm wondering if this is dangerous? Thank you for getting back to me so frequently. I'm so terrible at boards. I just hope this is the one and it is a success. :)

When will you go for another cycle at the end of July? Or will you wait until August and try IVF?

How was the scan Aleriya? Did they change the dose of the drugs at all to try to get more follies?

I think my clinic spaces out treatment cycles to avoid hyperstimulation of the ovaries. Maybe her risk of that is lower since she didn't respond too much last cycle. I hope this cycle is a success!

My IVF is being booked to start mid-August! So I have about 2 months to get healthy and ready for it.

They said they are looking at 7 maybe 9 follies (way better than last time) we have another scan tomorrow. They didn't do bloods but they did up the scans this time. They also changed the meds up. Here is hoping!

I don't know how you do it, I would go bonkers waiting 2 months. However, you're right that gives you time to prep and make your body healthy. If it doesn't work this time we will be taking a break as well. Good luck, and eat a lot of kale and spinach lol. :)

That sounds promising! Keeping my fx for you

You know, I don't mind the break. They wanted to book me for July but I pushed it back a month since we're going to be away at the cottage (lake house) the first week in August. Plus we want to do some fun stuff in July, a few weekends away and that would be hard to schedule with scans and injections. We're both taking our supplements, limiting sugar, eating our veggies! I've lost 8 lbs and would love to lose another 8 by August. My DH is turning 40 in Sept...silly but I would just love to be pregnant by his birthday. I also have this fantasy of getting pregnant naturally again before IVF. I doubt we'll be that lucky lol

I wish you the best of luck! There are many people who get pregnant naturally when they are told they never will. My aunt had one ovary and was told she'd never naturally have kids. She had 5. It took YEARS for number one, then a few years later number 2. After that the other three just came very quickly. So, you never know. Maybe during your away times, when the stress is gone it could happen. Some people fall pregnant once they decide to quit trying, as the stress is gone. Enjoy your summer holidays and have fun! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->