Conflicting timing?

Savasanna

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here - My partner and I are on month 1 of TTC and I feel like I may have missed the mark when it came to timing.

I've been tracking my cycle for several months, and it ranges from 28-30 days. (side question - is cd1 the first day you spot or the first day you have an active flow?) This month I started using OPKs as it was the first month we were going to try. We're doing at home ICI insemination using frozen sperm so timing is of the essence in our process. I received a positive OPK on Sunday morning and another one Monday. Monday evening I was cramping (pretty significantly) so, even though it was a little early (Monday was CD12) we decided to give it a go on Tuesday using two inseminations (one in the morning, one in the evening). I felt pretty confident I had ovulated, however my temperature never changed. After awhile I started to doubt myself so yesterday (cd 15) I took another OPK and it was negative. However, last night there was very VERY light spotting and then this morning my temp dropped.

I'm so confused. The beginning of the week had two positive OPKs, cramping and CM but the end of the week had spotting and the temp drop (even though cd16 is late for me to ov). sooooo... when was/is ovulation?

I'm pretty bummed because I'm inclined to think ovulation is today, and donor sperm doesn't generally last 3 days so it would appear this month will likely be a wash. But.. how do I interpret this information for next month?

Thanks everyone - I feel like I'm in such uncharted territory here.. and EVERYTHING is subjective. Yikes!

Sure - but I'm at work right now so I can't post it until I get home.

I do seem to have a bit of a wonky BBT - it regulary bounces up and down between 97.9 and 97.7, pretty much on the daily (and sometimes it fluxuates even more). This morning was 97.5 though which is a discernable drop from the previous days. In the past my post O temps were in the 98s.

I guess I'm just frustrated with myself for jumping the gun. I keep trying to convince myself that this temp drop could be something else.. or that it's possible to have a temp drop after you ovulate - but I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->