Confused about Maternity Pay form ?

T

TeddysGirl

Hi.

Even though I may be made redundant in the next couple of weeks I am going ahead with the usual route of maternity leave and pay in case they do keep me on. My HR person just emailed me a form to fill in and a bit has confused me.

Maternity Pay Options:
Please tick only one option from section 1-4. If choosing option 3 however, please indicate how you would like to receive your maternity pay. Please also indicate your understanding and acceptance of potential payment conditions in section 5.

1. I may not be entitled to any maternity pay but I will be taking maternity leave.

2a. I confirm that I intend to take maternity leave and note that I may only be entitled to a period of 39 weeks paid leave (6 weeks at 9/10th average earnings followed by 33 weeks at flat rate SMP)

2b. I wish to take maternity leave from the date specified and that I am not returning to work at the end of my maternity leave. Therefore I am only entitled to a period of 39 weeks statutory maternity pay (SMP) (6 weeks at 9/10th average earnings followed by 33 weeks at flat rate SMP)

3. I confirm I intend to take maternity leave from the date specified and intend to return to work after the birth of my child. Please pay me the 12 weeks half pay that I am entitled to under the enhanced Local Government maternity provisions in the following way, plus 6 weeks at 1/10th,

i) The 1/10th pay to be paid over the first 6 weeks and the 12 weeks half pay to be paid in equal installments spread over the following 12 week period.

ii) In equal installments spread over the 33 week lower rate SMP period.

iii) In one lump sum at the beginning of my maternity leave period.

iv) In one lump sum on my return to work.

4. I have not made a decision regarding returning to work and understand that the first 6 weeks additional 1/10th along with the 12 weeks half pay will be withheld until I make my decision. I will give you written notice of my decision in due course.

Which one is the one I should tick ? I am torn between 2a and 3.
If I choose option 3 do I get SMP on top of that ? Or will I just get the 1/10th my average earnings followed by 12 weeks half pay ?

This is all so confusing ! Thanks for any help !

I work for the NHS and get SMP on top of my occupational maternity pay, I imagine it will be the same for you. I'd go with option 3 if you would return were you not to be made redundant. If they do make you redundant they would sort it our I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->