Confused about medela bottles and teats

nyah

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a first time mum and completely new and confused about bottles / teats. I bought a medela breast pump + bottles, but don't know which teats will fit on the bottles? Will any brand do, or are there only some which will fit on? If so, which brands? Google wasn't much help.... any advice is appreciated!

thanks so much! :D
nyah

Usually you need the teats that are the same make as your bottles. I've never heard of bottles that don't come with teats though? They are sold individually if you need them (or if you want slower or faster flow teats) x

Usually you need the teats that are the same make as your bottles. I've never heard of bottles that don't come with teats though? They are sold individually if you need them (or if you want slower or faster flow teats) x

Thanks. That's what I thought, but I can't find any medela teats anywhere, not even on the medela website...

Did you get some with your bottles though? x

Did you get some with your bottles though? x

No, none... I just presumed that was normal and that I would have to buy them separately, but now can't find any or any information on which ones will fit... very confusing :confused:

Aaah....did you get the storage bottles that go with the pump? Think they just come with a screw lid so that you can keep the milk in the fridge/freezer and transfer it into feeding bottles when you need it.

You can buy teats on the US amazon site but not UK - I don't know much about it as I have an Avent pump which comes with storage bottles or feeding bottles that you just screw a teat onto afterwards. But I use other types of bottles too - you could just pump into the ones you have and then pour it in x

Yes, they are sold as storage bottles...i just didn't realise there was difference between storage and feeding ones...I just thought you could store/feed from the same bottles... And to think I even bought extra ones which I will probably not need now

Thanks for your help, I think I'll go out and get some more 'mainstream' feeding bottles for which I can find (replacement) teats locally.

nyah x

I didn't think I'd need so many storage bottles either but my freezer is now full of them, all my normal feeding ones and I've moved onto bags! Depends how often you pump but they might be useful. Some makes you can store and feed from the same bottles - all my feeding bottles do fit onto my Avent pump but you have to buy stoppers for the top separately, or just freeze them with the lid on but no teat, so the storage bottles are better for that x

Just a little update in case it's useful to anyone. I just came from the October Baby Show in London (which was great by the way!) and spoke to a Medela rep about the bottle teats. Medela do make teats for their bottles but don't promote them. At least not in the UK. Sounds strange, I know. Apparently, that's because Medela are very pro-breastfeeding. I bought the Medela teats he had for sale, but he did say that 'standard' teats from most major manufacturers would probably fit as well. Trial and error I guess.

nyah x

I can get them here. Let me know if you still need them and I can send some. I may even have some new ones still in the package here. I have used gerber and evenflo ones on the medela bottles too and they are fine but I don't know if you have those brands

Hiya girls

Medela teats are now available online :dance:

I found them by doing a google search!

Cant believe that Medela themselves dont sell them- apparently its because its not seen as being baby friendly!!!

Weird hey!

mx

Hi hun, we use the bottles that came with the breast pump and you can get the extras in mothercare! We've just bought some extra bottles and extra teats from them.
Go to the Mothercare website - they show you the full range they have. We bought our stuff in store.

Once you find the right pump, using it will take a little practice. You'll need to learn how to position it correctly and adjust the suctioning to get the best results. Don't worry--with the right pump, you'll soon get the hang of it. Pumps require some assembling and disassembling for cleaning. Wash any parts of the pump that touch your breasts or the milk containers in the dishwasher, or with hot, soapy water. Drain them dry before each use.

Boots and mothercare sell the medela teats, bottles etc.

I got my medela swing pump from mc and that came with 1 bottle and teat and I bought extra from boots online but had it delivered to my local store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->