Confused about this cycle!

KatieA

Reaction score
Hey everyone! New to posting here but have stalked the forum! This is our 3rd month ttc. I have had a 27 day cycle since tracking (to the day) Im using the Clue app to track and the estimated ovulation is CD 15. I started using OPKs this month and had a very faint line on CD 15 and 16. CD17 (I believe) I had a dark line, but not as thick as the control. At the time I wasn't sure if that counted as a positive or not. I figured not so didn't even track it. (We baby danced anyway) CD 18 the line was faint again so I gave up and thought maybe I had just missed it this month. A little back story. On the clue app, it suggests a 28 day cycle, but I always start the day before it predicts AF. So I thought maybe I o'ed on CD14. Anyway. Fast forward. None of my normal PMS symptoms show up. I typically have tender breasts close to AF so I take a test on CD26 negative. I got really crampy on CD 27 and figured the witch was rearing her ugly head. Nothing. No cramps on 28 and negative HPT (dollar store cheapy) Now here I am CD 30 very slight breast tenderness in my right only. Weird feeling in lower belly that I can only describe as active. Almost a tenderness but very far from normal pms feelings. Slight cramps on my right side but they are mild and come and go. I DID have a sharp stinging pain in my left lower back. It only lasted for 30 minutes or so but I had to lay down. I have had several waves of light headed spells, and hunger like crazy. Over the month (I've been eating healthy for the last 6ish months and have lost a lot of weight since watching what I eat, my meals typically are satisfying for the day. But I've been having hunger pangs 2 hours after I eat) anyway I am PROBABLY symptom spotting especially with a "late" period, but would love to hear any thoughts. If I did ovulate when the OPK was dark what could the cramps from CD27 be?

Are you tracking your fertility with anything aside from the OPKs?

Not at this time. Just following the tracker and doing OPKs.

It's tough to estimate possible ovulation dates based on cycle length alone; I wouldn't rely on the tracker's guess without tracking other fertility signs. I'd also be sure to do more than just a few days' worth of OPKs. You can get a 50-pack of dip strips on Amazon for $12. I like to get those and test daily (remember that it should be at the same time every day, between 11 AM and 8 PM, with early afternoon being preferable) from about CD7 up until I get a positive, and keep doing that until you know your cycles better. You could easily be ovulating earlier or later than expected. Most apps start their estimates based on a 14-day luteal phase, and that just isn't the case for a lot of women. It's just a rough guess based on averages.

Update. Started getting brown spotting yesterday. Convinced it was AF. I always begin AF this way and it usually lasts a couple hours then turns bright red. Fast forward today it is almost nonexistent brown spotting. Barely any when wiping. No cramps. No. Breast tenderness. Now on CD 33....

Have you taken a test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"