Confused about when to test

Jrepp

TTC #1 DH 30, Me 29
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum and have been ttc since I got married in June. In June, I started tracking using opk's, and in July starting monitoring bbt and cm. I stopped taking birth control in May, and started the 8th. I ovulated cd 20 and had a 12 day luteal phase. In June I started the 10th, ovulated day 16 and had a 12 day luteal phase. In July I started the 8th, ovulated day 20 and had a 12 day luteal phase. I did get a faint positive in July, but miscarried 2 days later. In August, I started the 10th, ovulated day 15 (9dpo) and am currently waiting for a positive or AF.

I have no idea when to test. Average cycle length has AF arriving the 7-8th, but based on a 12 day luteal phase, AF would be here the 5th. I read that a cycle can vary in length, but luteal phase will remain consistent within a day (I.e. a12 day LP could be 11 days or 13 days but never 15 days). If AF doesn't arrive on the 5th (which I'm hoping she stays away for the next 9 months), should I test then based on the luteal phase, or should I wait until the 7th based on average cycle length?

Thank you in advance for the help!

The 5th would be fine if you use an early detection kit. Or just wait til the 9th to be sure?! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->