Confused and slightly dissapointed

Leylalou

Expecting # 2
Reaction score
Hi all, so I thought I was approaching O day because last night my OPK was close to being a positive and thought todays would be darker and a definitive positive, only to find.....yep you guessed it, its a BFN!

Huh? Anyone had this happen? Did you get a positive few days leter, is that possible - to get an almost positive opk but then and ACTUAL BFP not appear for another day or 2? Can LH yoyo a bit until the big O day?

Many thanks for sharing your experiences in advance! X

I would love to hear a response too because my OPK's are doing the same thing, and I'm so confused! I think it is possible for your LH to ebb and flow a little bit before actually Oing...

I would love to hear a response too because my OPK's are doing the same thing, and I'm so confused! I think it is possible for your LH to ebb and flow a little bit before actually Oing...

Ahhhh....thank goodness I'm not alone on this! It's quite annoying really as you get all geared up for it then it just disappears....that mystic second line!

It would be a few days earlier for me so I'm still hopeful.

What OPKs are you using?

I'm using the blue handled cheap-o's from Amazon - you? I've used the clear blue smiley faced ones before but I just didn't want to spend that kind of money again:/ I'm CD12 today, and that would be super early for me as well, so I'm just going to keep on testing!

Your lh level fluctuates throughout your entire cycle and peaks 12-24 (have seen some studies that say up to 48 hours- but never known anyone to ovulate 48 hours after positive) before ovulation, which is when you will get your positive opk. So if you got a dark opk, but not positive, then you could either be approaching your positive, just have caught a fluctuation of the hormone, or maybe even missed your surge if you have a short one making the almost positive the beginning or end of your surge.

Either way, just keep dtd and testing. :)

I'm using the blue handled cheap-o's from Amazon - you? I've used the clear blue smiley faced ones before but I just didn't want to spend that kind of money again:/ I'm CD12 today, and that would be super early for me as well, so I'm just going to keep on testing!

So I'm using cheapie ebay ones with a view to pulling out the clear blue pack of seven, well six actually ( I used one this evening in my frustration!) when I think I'm close to O day. But this as thrown me. I will keep testing up till day 26/27 (currently day 16) and hopefully will get positive at one point.

They are very expensive for the big branded ones, I'm undecided if try are worth the money or not but nobody really wants to be worrying about the amount of tests left when ttc. I think the copies work fine, just takes patience!

Your lh level fluctuates throughout your entire cycle and peaks 12-24 (have seen some studies that say up to 48 hours- but never known anyone to ovulate 48 hours after positive) before ovulation, which is when you will get your positive opk. So if you got a dark opk, but not positive, then you could either be approaching your positive, just have caught a fluctuation of the hormone, or maybe even missed your surge if you have a short one making the almost positive the beginning or end of your surge.

Either way, just keep dtd and testing. :)

Thanks for the reassurance. Glad to hear of the fluctuation, not much mentioned on that anywhere!

I've definitely not missed it so will wait it out and keep dtd and using the OPKs.

Thanks again! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->