Confused - Do I need to take a pregnancy test?

Elliegyrl

Reaction score
I had a D&C this past Friday. Should I take a pregnancy test? My HCG levels had already dropped from 4400 to 3800 in two days last week. Besides being emotional about losing the baby I don't feel pregnant anymore. What is the benefit of taking the pregnancy test? I'm due back at my Dr's in 2 weeks.
Thanks!

(I posted on your other thread) you need to test negative in two weeks, if not go back and see them. That was my hospital guidelines. You'll still show positive right now :hugs:

I showed positive for a month and a half :( Doctors said since my HCG was up to 60,000+ it would just take a little longer.

I kept taking the home tests (in addition to the blood HCG level tests) so I could make sure the next BFP was real.

Good luck!

Got it, thanks. I'm scheduled to go back to my doctor in 2 weeks so I'm just going to wait. We aren't going to try until Sept. (although we aren't going to try not to either :)

sorry for your loss. i had a D&C on dec 8,2010 after a 18 weeks and 2 day loss of my 3rd son.. my first after didn't come back on it's own til the 2nd of feb.. exactly 8 weeks later..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->