Confused how I could be pregnant given the facts

eviemygirl

Reaction score
So I normally have a 32 day cycle and ovulate either on day 17 or 18. I track my periods always and ovulation often. I had intercourse on 01/25 during my period which was from 01/22 to 01/26. We haven't had intercourse since. I haven't had a period and I should be 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant by now. I have been getting faint lines since testing last night and my morning pee showed nothing after 3 minutes as stated but showed a faint line later about 10 minutes. I just took a clearblue digital this afternoon and it says pregnant 1-2 weeks which doesn't add up. I've had 2 miscarriages in the past before I had my girl who is now 18 months. Is this an indication of low HCG or just picking up on the normal amount a woman can have when not pregnant? I'm so confused given when I should have ovulated and finishing up my period 5 weeks ago. The test should read 3+ or at least 2-3 I would think.

If the digital says pregnant you are most definitely pregnant :)
Maybe you had a whacky cycle I can't really think of a reason lol
You could try another test in a couple days to see what kind of line you get ?

Very strange given your period dates. I know sperm can survive for up to 5 days while waiting for an egg but that would mean you would have ovulated really early and have low HCG levels. I would definitely book myself in to see a Dr asap if I were you, so they can run some tests. It's possible you actually are pregnant our bodies can do odd things, but you won't know until you see a Dr. Good luck!

Since I was on my period then that isn't very good conditions plus the egg is supposed to have disintegrated by then. I know sperm usually lasts 2-3 days but can up to 5. But I read the egg only lasts 12-24 hours and the sperm would have to be there up to 4 days prior and up to 1 day after ovulation. Everything doesn't add up to me it's bizarre. My guess is maybe a chemical pregnancy? Thanks for the responses guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->