confused... is it possible?

S

sallyrennan

hey there, to some this will sound stupid, but i suppose anything is possible one way or another...

basically. can you be on the pill, and be somewhere around 6 months pregnant without knowing?
i know you can be preg on the pill and not know for a while, but 6 months?

i'm asking cos i've been on the same pill for 4 years, with stable weight throughout, yet over the last few months i've put on a shedload of weight which clings around my belly button but not around to my sides as much...
i dont have periods on this pill so it's impossible to know from that, but i've just been watching the weight creep on throughout the last few months out of the blue..
there's quite a prominent lump i can feel under my waist too,
my mom thinks i'm going mental!
i'm just confused,
i know if this can happen it would be extremely rare, and really hard not to notice lol.

i dont have a particular shape as such, just a bit wobbly, but i've always been slim, and my mom had a "chubby pregnancy" lol

opinions on whether its worth getting checked, for whatever reason you may think it is?
or better yet,
anyone who's gone quite far into a pregnancy without knowing..
(this makes me think of sonia from eastenders who didnt know she was preg til she gave birth!)

Do a test? who knows? I got pregnant on the pill but found out quite early (6wks) as my period didnt arrive as normal!

Personally, if I was that worried, I'd get a Drs appointment. Even if you're not pregnant, it's worth getting checked out if it's something you're concerned about. :hugs:

xx

It's possible...have you seen the show "I didn't know I was Pregnant"? It might only show in the U.S., I'm not sure. On that show, most of the people were on birth control and never figured out they were pregnant. I'd just take a pregnancy test if I were you!

It's unlikely but possible, it is definitely worth seeing your doc - they can do a test and also check the lump to make sure it's not anything else.

I would get a home testing kit hun. That way at least you'll know one way or another. x

It's possible...have you seen the show "I didn't know I was Pregnant"? It might only show in the U.S., I'm not sure. On that show, most of the people were on birth control and never figured out they were pregnant. I'd just take a pregnancy test if I were you!

no i haven't, it may just be u.s.
but i might look it up now and see if i can watch it!
sounds quite interesting...

It's unlikely but possible, it is definitely worth seeing your doc - they can do a test and also check the lump to make sure it's not anything else.

yea, its not a lump you can see just looking at me, but you can feel it if you poke around.
i've had my mom and my nan (who was a midwife all her life) to poke around too and they cant decide one thing from another..
people keep asking me when i'm due. so going for a pregnancy test is gonna look really stupid lol!

yea, its not a lump you can see just looking at me, but you can feel it if you poke around.
i've had my mom and my nan (who was a midwife all her life) to poke around too and they cant decide one thing from another..
people keep asking me when i'm due. so going for a pregnancy test is gonna look really stupid lol!

heh, don't worry about it, course you won't! If you don't want to go and get one yourself, maybe just make a docs appointment and get them to do it there? You're going to have to see them anyway (because even if it's a neg test, it's still worth getting the lump looked at).

its possible, I got pregnant on the pill the first time, but a test won't show it if you are THAT pregnant, after a certain point your levels are too high for an accurate POAS result. I worry its something else, but I think you should go to your doctor and get checked out just to be safe that it isn't pregnancy or something else. Let us know, ok? :D *hugs*

I would do a test and then go see your doctor regardless of its result.

If there is a solid lump you can feel ANY lump should be checked out.

PLUS if you rae pregnant you want to start getting care as soon as possible!

Let us know what you decide and how you get on!

:hugs:

Emma.xx

I would go to the doctors and talk to them and have a check. Have you had a period at all? It is possible but not necessarily that common.

ditto the others that have said see a doc, don't think the hormones will show on a test now. Keep us posted

You absolutely should see your doctor ASAP to find out what's going on. as some others have said, a pregnancy test may well be negative if you are quite far along as HCG levels actually start to drop from about 16 weeks. it does happen - occasionally women will get quite far along in pregnancy and even give birth without even realising they were pegnant. if you are, the sooner you find out the better, if you're not there may be something else going on that needs to be sorted.

All the best, let us know how things go xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->