Confused

Mommy1018

Reaction score
Hi, this is kinda a long forum but I don't know what else to do. Back in May I had 3 positive pregnancy tests and I even felt pregnant. Then few weeks later I tested again and all the tests came up negative. I had a blood test done at the docs and it was <3miu/ml. So ok, the problem that i've got is this though, I still look pregnant. I haven't had a postitive test since May so I have accepted the fact that i'm not pregnant but why is my stomach still round and still look about 4 months pregnant, my boobs are still huge with the dark veins. I had gained almost 16lbs from this ordeal that I can't lose. I have done everything that the doctors have told me to do. I have done the cardio for a half hour everyday, I changed my eating habits to eat healthier, and even wear the binder they suggested to help me but it is not working. With the binder on I still look pregnant just not as pregnant. Can someone help me I feel like i'm going crazy. I also have done the ab exercises that the doctor told me to do and bought a bowflex and have tried using that to tone my abs up but it not working either.

Have you tried taking another test recently??

Are u able to afford a private scan then u will know for sure? Have they took bloods recently?

Have you asked for a scan?

If someone is further on in pregnancy then tests sometimes come up as negitive as the hormone level is too high for it to register. You could try weeing in a pot and mixing it with some water, then taking the test so that it's dilated.

I have taken another home test and 1 was no good it didn't even work and the second 1 was a digital that flashed pregnant and then said not pregnant and then the screen went blank. I have asked my gyn to give me another blood test or an ultrasound and she says there no need for it, the first one was negative. I even went to my pcp and she told me to just keep exercising and see what happens in 6 months.

I would be wanting a blood test for sure. As others mentioned, the pee on a stick kind aren't accurate once you get so far along as they only detect up to a certain point and then lose accuracy further along. If you are looking pregnant, I would want a blood test to confirm yes or no, or further testing to figure out what's up with the weight gain. Molar pregnancy, adenomyosis, fibroids, cysts...These are other possibilities.

I have taken another home test and 1 was no good it didn't even work and the second 1 was a digital that flashed pregnant and then said not pregnant and then the screen went blank. I have asked my gyn to give me another blood test or an ultrasound and she says there no need for it, the first one was negative. I even went to my pcp and she told me to just keep exercising and see what happens in 6 months.

I would be seeing another doctor. That's crazy. I've never heard of a doctor refusing another blood test, Usually after the first negative blood test they offer another one a week later to confirm. Your doctor is a moron and I would be demanding it. If you're pregnant your baby hasn't had care for months now.

I had a miscarriage over 10 years ago and I didn't test poss until I was over 4 months along. The miscarriage had nothing to do with my low HCG, that is a whole 'nother story, but I thought I had a lingering infection the whole time, I didn't know I was expecting since I got a whole lot of BFNs.

Are you having cycles?

I did call to get another appt with another doctor but they said they can't get me in till august so the appt is made. They told me that if I have heavy bleeding or pain in my abdomen to go to the er so we will see. I haven't had a regular cycle since April. In May I had a day and a half of brown spotting and nothing else and then in June I was late by 4 days and 1 day of a heavy red bleed that was very gooey and then had the brown spotting for 3 days. I went to the doc as soon as it happened and they told me not to worry that it was normal as long as I didn't have any major pains with it. So hopefully at my August appt they can tell me something that is going on??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->