Confused

msarkozi

A very proud mommy!
Reaction score
I miscarried on May 22nd, and we are TTC again. I have been testing for ovulation everyday, and still no second line. In the beginning, it was there faintly, and then nothing at all.

I am so confused as to when I am supposed to ovulate again? I normally have a 28 day cycle, so I thought I should have ovulated on the 5th already????

If there was a chance that I am pregnant again already so soon, would that be the reason why I am not showing ovulation on the OPK's?

I'm so confused about it all.......I just want to be pregnant again! :(

Sorry hun i don't use OPK's so can't give any advice, but i'm sure some of the other ladies will be able to help you :flower:

I'm sorry for your loss :hugs: xxx

Hi huny first off can i just say i am very sorry for ur loss. Its the worst experience ever & know how u r feeling with that wanting to not feel empty but full of happiness with ur bean back inside u :'-(.
I just wanted to share my experience with you, i didnt ovulate the month after my last miscarriage due there still being very small amounts of HCG left in my system. I am not saying this is the case for you, its just a possibility?? i was as confused as u are and i know its soooooooo frustrating waiting for that 2nd line to appear. I take it u havent had AF yet hun? It might just take 1 period to kick start your ovulation back into play? every woman is different though. I hope u get ur Sticky BFP very soon sweetie xxxxxxx Lov Caz xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks guys! It's nice to have support in a place like this where others have gone through the same thing. You don't feel so alone anymore. Sorry for your losses as well:(

If I am counting day 1 as my miscarriage date, then I should be due on June 18th. It's killing me to wait and see if it does show up then, or if it will be weeks later, or not at all.

Im so sorry to hear of your loss ms. your grief is very new, its no wonder you feel this way as your loss is so recent.

I didnt ov in the cycle following mmc either, but everyone is different - i counted day 1 as my D&C date and got my first af 29 days later, however its very common for that cycle to be much much longer than normal, i think the 'usual' is 6 or 7 weeks. This waiting is horrible, i hope the wait is a very short one x

OPKs actually detect pregnancy hormone too. It's possible that the faint line was still picking up hcg from your previous pregnancy, and now that the hcg is gone, it's no longer showing anything.

Have you taken a pregnancy test, and is it negative yet? If it's only gone negative recently, you probably haven't even ovulated yet.

Keep testing... you may just ovulate later this cycle. I had a d&c about the same day as you, am still waiting for my "true" positive, even though I've had several false(???) alarms. Don't give up just yet.

I went into the hospital on the 22nd, and my HCG was already down to 8. I did a pregnancy test less then a week after that, and it was negative (was hoping for a miracle to say it was still positive and that day never really happened). Should I keep taking OPK's for this week and next? Or should I just impatiently wait for my period to show up and start counting from that cycle?

Thats completely your choice, lots of bumpers want to try straight away - others want to wait and get their cycle straight first, or so they know what their dating is when they do get BFP to prevent any anxious initial scans.

Most drs will ask you to wait for dating purposes, also to give you a bit of space and time to get your head round whats happened and to try and come to terms with your loss.

I wish it was all so much easier then what it was. The waiting period before finding out the first time was hard, and now it is 100 times worse.

i finally got a positive result on the OPK!!! here's to hoping it results in a positive result once again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->