Confused?!

anniexfares

Reaction score
Hi ladies... I was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone on here.
I was told that I was having a miscarriage, my hcg had dropped a tiny bit... so I started bleeding the next day, and bled for about 4 days off and on. Well, my highest hcg was 86 (on 5/17/11) and dropped to 77 (in 5/19/11). I had heard that you can ovulate a week or two after a miscarriage, so I took an opk and got a VERY strong positive. Well, it was even darker the next day, and then again today. At this point, I was just guessing that maybe my hormones were still a little crazy. Went to the Dollar Store today, and decided to purchase another $1 test to see if it would show up negative yet. Much to my surprise it was VERY dark... darker than it was when I was at my highest hcg at 86 (13 days ago). I went ahead and bought a box of two generic First Response tests just a few minutes ago, and took one -- once again it was way darker then it had been before. Is this normal to get darker lines two weeks after a miscarriage? Could I possibly still be pregnant? We had never done an u/s to see if there was one or two in there, but I did take Clomid to get pregnant. Makes me wonder if there were two and I possibly just lost one of them? IDK....

I would definately talk with your doctor and ask for a blood test or an ultrasound. You should find out exactly what is going on!!

the hormones can still be in your system for a little while after it took 3 weeks for mine to come back down to 9 and I was still getting pos HPT around that time, wait another couple of days I would suggest and then go to your dr if your still getting pos. I did read a lady on here whose levels dropped really quick and she got a bfp a week later and is now probably 9wks pregnant, so it could be. FX

Just wanted to let you ladies know that I just got back from the ER (I am an impatient person, lol).... they did bloods and my beta hcg is 512!! :) Going for an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure everything looks okay. FX'd!!!

Excellent - DH's Ex had the same thing before Christmas and had lost the twin. Apparently it's quite common.

Everything crossed and looking forward to an update xx

Thank you all. My doctor sent me for an u/s, but they were unable to find anything. They said with my hcg being only in the 500's that is not surprising. I am going in tomorrow for another hcg draw, and progesterone as well. My doctor says he is 99% sure that this is an ectopic pregnancy, and that pending results tomorrow we will be doing surgery immediately after. I am so scared/nervous. It makes me sick thinking about what will be done, and my baby being taken out of me. I know it is for my safety, and the baby would never survive, but it still breaks my heart. I have been doing some reading and it looks like after you have one ectopic pregnancy, you are likely to have recurring ectopic pregnancies. Also, they say they recommend IVF at this point... I will not be able to afford that anytime soon. I am at peace with it, just terribly heartbroken.

Thank you all. My doctor sent me for an u/s, but they were unable to find anything. They said with my hcg being only in the 500's that is not surprising. I am going in tomorrow for another hcg draw, and progesterone as well. My doctor says he is 99% sure that this is an ectopic pregnancy, and that pending results tomorrow we will be doing surgery immediately after. I am so scared/nervous. It makes me sick thinking about what will be done, and my baby being taken out of me. I know it is for my safety, and the baby would never survive, but it still breaks my heart. I have been doing some reading and it looks like after you have one ectopic pregnancy, you are likely to have recurring ectopic pregnancies. Also, they say they recommend IVF at this point... I will not be able to afford that anytime soon. I am at peace with it, just terribly heartbroken.

Nothing to say but :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Don't be nervous. ASk if there is a possibility for methotrexate rather than surgery. That may be an option with HCG under 5000. That's what I had. It basically locates and dissolves the pregnancy (sounds so harsh sorry x). Trust me you feel crap but the recovery time (physically) is quicker. If you need to talk please email me.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are doing okay.

Just wanted to let you all know that I did end up having surgery on Thursday afternoon. We did a blood test, and my hcg was 846 and my progesterone was only 1.9 :( While they prepped me for surgery, my doctor said that while he was in there he would clean out anything he could since we thought I could have endometriosis. When I woke up in recovery, my doctor was there by my side and informed me that he unfortunately had to take my right fallopian tube :( The damage to my tube was so bad that once the egg was fertilized it never moved. He said that they ran dye through my other tube, but nothing came out the other end. The left tube was just as bad (if not worse) than my right. He showed me pictures he had from the procedure, there were so many adhesions that wrapped my left fallopian tube around my ovary and bowel. He told me he cleaned out all of the adhesions, but there wasn't anything he could do to save my tubes. So, at this point my option is now IVF. Definitely wasn't what I expected to hear when I awoke from surgery....

Just wanted to let you all know that I did end up having surgery on Thursday afternoon. We did a blood test, and my hcg was 846 and my progesterone was only 1.9 :( While they prepped me for surgery, my doctor said that while he was in there he would clean out anything he could since we thought I could have endometriosis. When I woke up in recovery, my doctor was there by my side and informed me that he unfortunately had to take my right fallopian tube :( The damage to my tube was so bad that once the egg was fertilized it never moved. He said that they ran dye through my other tube, but nothing came out the other end. The left tube was just as bad (if not worse) than my right. He showed me pictures he had from the procedure, there were so many adhesions that wrapped my left fallopian tube around my ovary and bowel. He told me he cleaned out all of the adhesions, but there wasn't anything he could do to save my tubes. So, at this point my option is now IVF. Definitely wasn't what I expected to hear when I awoke from surgery....
I hate that. I know you are going thru an awful time right now. :nope: You are in my thoughts and prayers :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->