confusion over OV

Kato2

Mummy to 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
hi guys

I came off the pill after 14 years a 7 months back and started TTC last month. my last cycle was 33 days long (this is an improvement thanks to acupuncture, the one before was 52!!)

last month i ovulated on cycle day 21 but fertility friend has me down as fertile today (CD 16) even though my predicted fertile period is not until CD 19. does anyone know if this is just generic, otherwise I don't understand why they have me down as fertile today as I am 5 days off ovulation according to past cycle

please help! this is a minefield!!

Hi Kato,
I'm fairly new to this is as well, but I will try to help you out the best that I can. Each and every cycle can be different. You may ovulate on CD 14, and the following cycle CD18. Do you do anything to try to determine when you ovulate such as OPK, BBT, or checking your CM?

I am using my BBT and CM to determine O. Yesterday I had EWCM and this was only on CD9- I may not have been fertile yet, but I am trying to increase our chances of conceiving, so if that means BD every other day for 5 days before and after my expected O, then that's what I'll do :) At least with BBT I can see a pattern of when I actually O, it won't help me to determine before I O, but at least that way I am able to know for sure.

I hope this helps, if even a little bit!

:spermy: can live anywhere from 3-7 days. So it probably says you are fertile because there is a chance the :spermy: could live until O happens. I'd say get to :sex: and I hope you catch the egg!!! :dust:

Yeah Kros 330 is correct. You are classed at fertile for the days leading to ovulation.

It'll also put fertile days if you note high cervix or watery or EWCM. I find CP more reliable that CM for predicting ovulation. I use OPKs when I begin to get fertile signs.

You can link your chart to your sig so it's easier for people to advise.

I stopped the BCP in March after 12 years. Thought my cycles were improving until I realised I was ovulated late and had a short luteal phase. I am now using acupuncture, Vitex tincture and 100mg B complex. It seems to have helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->