Connecta

Bluetomato

Mummy :-)
Reaction score
Ive seen that a couple of people have put reviews in the thread above about the connecta, and that they really like them. I was wondering if anyone else has one and what they think of them? Ive got a kari me at the moment which I love, but its a bit boring :blush:
Im looking at getting one for Dom, but I want to make sure that its going to suit me as £62 is a lot of money for me to spend. Also, which type is the best - The integra, standard or solar weave? Would I need the extra lumber support bit?
Hope someone can help :) x

I'd like more info on the Connecta, too... :flower:

I thought id posted here but must not of pressed sumbit.

I have an integra I love the hood it is great to sheild from sun and rain and Noah loves it fastened when he goes to sleep in it. It's also a pocket when not in use.

I dont use a lumbar belt I think they are for older children.

I wouldn't be without mine now, we love it in everyway. I get back ache easily and never do in this carrier.

How heavy is your son, Maffie? I also get backache a lot now, and have not worn Adam very much lately but I really want to (we have a Close Parent carrier that is fine for very short trips, and he is very comfy in it and it's fine to wear, but I daren't take him out for long in it, I will suffer too much later on).

Not had him weighed ina while he's not super heavy definately less than 20lbs, I do get arm ache carrying him in just my arms but using the connecta solves that problem.

I hope this thread gets more replies, cos I just can't choose between a Connecta and a Babyhawk!! I like that the connecta has clips though...

Ive found a website that you can hire one from for 2 weeks. You pay £12.99 and a £40 deposit. Ive also found out that in my local town they have sling meets so im hoping that they might have one I can hire. Saves its getting lost in the post, plus I can go to the meets and meet some new mummies :thumbup:

If anyone lives near me im happy for them to try it, I use mine so often I cant lend it out :blush: I have been thinking of buying a second one just cos they are lovely lol altho im looking at ergos too

Jetters, I don't have a Connecta, I chose the BH instead and I wish I'd chose a Connecta, it's a faff with the straps, they forever ride up my back and dig in the back of my neck, it digs into my hips as the waist is smaller and not padded.
I'm tempted to sell my BH and put it towards a Connecta

Can it be used from birth?
Wa thinking about hopefully getting one in future :)

Connectas are loads better than babyhawks. I borrowed a connecta a few months ago and it was lovely, I have a babyhawk now and it's not half as good. I will be getting a connecta as soon as I have enough money!

ilovemybump I'm pretty sure they can be used from birth in the froggie position

Yes you do a froggy position (tuck the legs up) and then you can use a strap to nip in the piece that goes between babies legs to narrow it for young babies. I carriered Noah in a moby at a very young age as I didnt have a connecta at birth. I still love my moby but I prefer the structure to the connecta.

Im borrowing a connecta from a friend and its my first ever mei tai try and i love it :) Tempted to go for one!

Oooh i am glad i spotted this as i have been thinking about getting a connecta.

We use a Close Baby Carrier right now, and it's okay...i really loved it when Toby was tiny and would wear him a couple of hours every day around the house getting things done and he was always so snug and cosy and would sleep happily in it but now he is much much heavier, and longer and i find if i wear it for a while my back starts to ache, plus no matter how tight it is when i start out somewhere within 5-10 minutes of leaving the house we have major "sag" issues! :dohh: And it's tricky to adjust when you have a dog on a lead and a wriggly baby :wacko:

So the carrier review thread has got me really interested in a connecta but they're a lot of money and i may even have to sell the close to afford one :( Really don't want to do that though because when we have LO number 2 i know the close will be lovely for that newborn stage again...

Hmmm. Decisions decisions. Where did everyone buy their connectas from?

I got mine preloved on another forum for natural parenting mamas. It was much cheaper than buying new and it's in fab condition. I still prefer my babyhawk because I find it easier to adjust myself when it's on, but I do like it a lot and it's great when it's wet outside - the babyhawk's straps always manage to get wet from the floor when I put it on.

:shrug: I love my BH.

I'm tempted to look into a connecta since they seem to be popular, but I'm worried I'd end up buying one, and I'm skint as it is :rofl:

Thanks for your replys everyone, I ended up getting a kozy carrier which I love. Dom was in hospital yesterday as he was very wheezy (docs think he has asthma) and it was great to be able to put him in his kozy and walk up and down the ward as he was really stressy and didn't want to be held or in his cot, it really settled him down. Im also getting a preloved connecta to try, which im hoping I get on with as I really like the design of the carrier and fabric design too! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->