Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

thank you c.30 xx - ticking clock thats wonderful so happy for you xxx

Ticking clock-congrats! C.30-good luck!
I begin clomid on wed. I am nervous but hopeful.

ticking~ yay so happy lil bean is doing well! :thumbup:

c30~ fingers crossed and everything else for ya girly...hope this is your cycle for a sticky bean! :)

afm...decided not to do opk's this month..alot going on and i just need to try to relax..donor supposed to start donations today sometime and we will go every day or every other..whatever works best for his schedule, until i feel like we are past the fertile window.

:dust:

DH and I have been discussing that we may be a little more comfortable with donor doing his business at home and us picking it up. he only lives about ten minutes away. how long do we have fter he finishes to inseminate? I've heard that sperm can live up to an hours, I've heard only half an hour.

U heard right they usually live up to an hour but if maintained at the correct body temp, so usually they try to get it withing the half our to be on the safe side. Maybe he can let u know when he's fixing to do his thing so u can be outside waiting the sec he's done to save time.

Hello ladies.
have to share this with you. I had my period on 7/29/12...not sure about my ovulation, since I wasn't tracking down previous months. I got my donation last night(tuesday) and 3 days before that. ( saturday) We are planning on inseminating every third day, until my next period, or hopefully we will be able to catch the egg.

do you think there is a chance to get pregnant this way?

Is every third day enough?

DH and I have been discussing that we may be a little more comfortable with donor doing his business at home and us picking it up. he only lives about ten minutes away. how long do we have fter he finishes to inseminate? I've heard that sperm can live up to an hours, I've heard only half an hour.

I would suggest you be waiting in the car at his place. Once done, pick up, keep it body temp by holding it between your legs or in your hand. Get home and inseminate within the hour. Earlier is better so more of them make it.

Hello ladies.
have to share this with you. I had my period on 7/29/12...not sure about my ovulation, since I wasn't tracking down previous months. I got my donation last night(tuesday) and 3 days before that. ( saturday) We are planning on inseminating every third day, until my next period, or hopefully we will be able to catch the egg.

Do you temp or use opks or check cervical mucus? It may be less stressful for yourself and donor if you know when you have ovukated. Still not too late to start charting now so if you see a clear temp shift you know ovulation has happened. Whether every 3rd day is enough depends on sperm quality and cervical mucus. If you happen t.o inseminate too early, sperm may mostly be dead by the time egg is released. Every 2 day is actually better.

Hello ladies.

Do you temp or use opks or check cervical mucus? It may be less stressful for yourself and donor if you know when you have ovukated. Still not too late to start charting now so if you see a clear temp shift you know ovulation has happened. Whether every 3rd day is enough depends on sperm quality and cervical mucus. If you happen t.o inseminate too early, sperm may mostly be dead by the time egg is released. Every 2 day is actually better.

Thank You so much.... No I am not charting, temping or anything....This is out first month trying. :happydance: Even though I tried OPK once few months ago for whole month and never got positive. During my cycle I normally know when I ovulate, cuze my ovaries are going crazy, and I get cramps sometimes too.
Last week w decided: Let's do this. and didnt want to wait until my next period.
I will try to do it every 2 days if possible and see where we get;)

Thank You so much.... No I am not charting, temping or anything....This is out first month trying. :happydance: Even though I tried OPK once few months ago for whole month and never got positive. During my cycle I normally know when I ovulate, cuze my ovaries are going crazy, and I get cramps sometimes too.
Last week w decided: Let's do this. and didnt want to wait until my next period.
I will try to do it every 2 days if possible and see where we get;)

Good luck! Fingers crossed for you :)

Ok ladies I have a question. My parter and I have been watching her ovulation. But we started inserting seamen from the donor (afriend of ours) before we got a + that she was ovulating. She was supposed to ovulate on the 7th.. (according to us tracking her ovulation) but the test is still saying she isnt.
So my question is, if she got pregnant the first time we did it, (3 days ago) Will that cause the ovulation to be - still?

HELP!!!!!

It is morelikely that her eggy is just being a bit shy this month. Keep doing the opk. I bet you'll get a positive in the next few days. Are you using digital or strips? I don't think that the insem would have any bearing on the OPK results. Unfortunately, Our bodies don't always play along the way we wish they would. Hang in there. I hope you get a positive soon!

Hi Ladies...

Stopping in quickly for a Hello! :wave:

I am still updating my journal but haven't been able to be back on BnB at my old full time capcity! Soon hopefully! Hope you are all well. Sending :hugs::dust: and :thumbup: to those that need it at this time. Miss you all!

Hey 2 mommies. My partner and i tried our frst insemination this past weekend. We used softcups we heard about this through friends that were successful. Research it!
Hi! I am new to the page and would like to tell you a little about me. I was married to a man and am now divorced. While married I became pregnant and went into pre-term labor. He lived for about 15 mins and then passed away. Now, I am head over heels in love with the most amazing girl ever. We have decided to have a baby :) She, (not very feminine) is going to carry the baby. We have decided to use a guy we both know and love! We are very good friends with him and his family and we are all very close. We are going to do at home insemination. Using a saringe and cup.

My question is, has anyone else tried this method and did it work. Also, what are yalls thoughts on this. We have also been using ovulation tests. "jay" the guy, is going to come stay with us for 3 days and do his business in the cup then we will take the cup in the bedroom and do our business.

Hopefully you guys have got some good pointers for us..

Good luck 2 mommies and TishandTK! I am on day 2 of Clomid (cycle day 6), and will hopefully begin inseminating in about a week. DH is very concerned about being able to find the cervix and the syringe reaching far enough (my cervix gets pretty high up there). We plan to wait until we get a positive opk to begin inseminating (and hoping donor is available that day). hopefully inseminate the next morning also as I just read that sperm counts are higher in the morning and in the winter.

Ok ladies I have a question. My parter and I have been watching her ovulation. But we started inserting seamen from the donor (afriend of ours) before we got a + that she was ovulating. She was supposed to ovulate on the 7th.. (according to us tracking her ovulation) but the test is still saying she isnt.
So my question is, if she got pregnant the first time we did it, (3 days ago) Will that cause the ovulation to be - still?

HELP!!!!!

What kind of opks are you using? I had a terrible time reading the kind with the lines, could never tell if I got a real surge. I just ordered the digital smiley kind this cycle because they have been highly recommended.

Lovely to see you MrsMM, good looking chart you've got there :winkwink::hugs: x

Hi there :)

My partner and I are about to undertake cycle one with donor sperm. It arrived today (cue slightly awkward conversation with UPS guy about what was in the container labeled 'tissue samples'!) and we're both really excited. I've been testing with ovulation kits daily, and I'm just waiting for the sign to give the go-ahead. Eeek! Trying not to get my hope up too much, because it is only the first cycle - it's just so hard not to get excited. :shrug:

Anyway, nice to meet you all :]

My partner and I are about to undertake cycle one with donor sperm. It arrived today (cue slightly awkward conversation with UPS guy about what was in the container labeled 'tissue samples'!) and we're both really excited. I've been testing with ovulation kits daily, and I'm just waiting for the sign to give the go-ahead. Eeek! Trying not to get my hope up too much, because it is only the first cycle - it's just so hard not to get excited. :shrug:

Where you getting the sperm sent from, cos its illegal to do this in the uk so be very careful

Where you getting the sperm sent from, cos its illegal to do this in the uk so be very careful

It's from a sperm bank in denmark

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"