Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi ladies!
Well, our 2ww is nearing the end. Only 4 days til testing. DP's teps are absolutely beautiful and I hope that they stay that way. I have a gut feeeling that this is our month but that could also just be a serious case of wishful thinking. DP is moody as hell. I know that it could be PMS but she's swinging a bit further and wider than usual. Everytime she gets crazy over a little bit of nothing I just smile. It makes her laugh. She says "you're thinking we're pregnant right now arent you?" Its true. I usually am. LOL!!!
Hope all is well. Buckets of baby dust to all of those in the wait!!!

Big bad mood swings was a sign for my June pregnancy so hope this is it for you both!! :hugs:

Thanks Cheryl. How are you doing? It's been a while since we got to chat. I hope everything is well.

I'm doing well thank you Leah, I'm 4dpo today although FF hasn't given me crosshairs yet cos I had a fallback temp which is usual for me; should get CH's tomorrow :thumbup: bit too early yet for symptoms really but I'll no doubt be looking out for them in the coming week :haha::winkwink::thumbup:

Well, I for one look forward to reading all about your symptoms! :) I hope the wait flies by for you! I know sometimes the wondering and not knowing can be the hardest part. On the other hand I kinda like the 2ww because it is so full of hope and possibility. Anyhoo...I wish you the best for this cycle. Keep us posted!

Just dropping in to say that AF showed on Tuesday midday. Tested on Sunday to a negative. All updates in my journal... GL, FXD, and :dust: to you all.

Trust me....I would love to. However due to schedules for work and houseguests over the weekend, the first time I will be alone with DP is Monday. We agreed to stick it out. :)

Leah! How exciting! You guys are way more patient than I could be, hopefully the reward is grand!
C.30- good luck! Let us know how everything looks when you get your CHs. I love success stories!

Our second insemination was a little smoother than the first, with less giggling too:). I find myself in a really good mood at just the hope of getting pregnant, hope its not too devastating if we don't get it this cycle. no smiley face but we inseminate anyway. cervix high and soft but can't get a real accurate read on the cm because of the insemination. we've been using preseed too, which I hear is pretty fantastic.

Hi ladies,
Hope u don't mind my joining you all..

Ive been reading this thread for 6 days.. It's become my bedtime reading!! Better than any book! At the moment I'm up to January 2011 & I'm gonna keep reading on till I catch up to recent posts. I'm guessing most of the girls I'm reading about might not even be around anymore since the thread started a few years ago. But I already feel like I'm amongst friends : )

I'm Jules, I'm 37 & DP is 43. We've decided to start trying AI as after too many years of having sex & trying to avoid pregnancy (oh those we're the days!)... He now has found that he isn't able to ejaculate during normal intercourse..Too many years of trying to control it & now it's controlling him I guess ; ) At first it freaked me out when I realised we faced this issue. But I started reading this thread & after reading over 200 pages (so far) I have come across so many other couples who have this problem that I've breathed a sigh of relief & decided to try AI.

So currently I'm 4dpo. On the day of Ov we did AI using a 5ml syringe & a urine specimen container (I'm a nurse so I grabbed them from work). DP put his goods in the container, I situated myself on the bed with 2 pillows elevating my hips, & then used the syringe. Must say it was easier than I expected.. Was kinda nervous. I then lay there hips on pillow for 35 mins before going out for dinner!! I honestly didn't notice any leakage- I know this is something that girls in here complain of frequently. But I didn't seem to have any??

Anyway, reading this thread is getting me thru my TWW. I've got about 400 odd pages to go still & it's keeping me sane : ) DP asks me almost every day when we can test which cute & hopeful, but I keep trying to tell him it's probably NOT gonna be THAT easy- to happen first shot. But he's a very optimistic person unlike myself! His best friends girlfriend fell pregnant first try 2 months ago so now DP has this ridiculous idea that it's that easy, bcos his mate keeps telling him 'it only took one go'.... I keep reminding him that the other couple are both only 30yrs old-so they have a definite advantage over us oldies!

Looking forward to reading all your stories

Jules

hi Jules;)0 Welcome

I was in your situation few months ago, and I read everything from the beggining too;))))

This is great forum, ladies here are very nice;0

Enjoy!

:hugs:

hey girls!

Just coming to see how everyone is...

I have to more donations cmoning: One tonight and one tomorrow night....which will make it 5 donations this week. Had one Saturday, Monday, Tuesday...

I had my period on July 29...been doing AI every second/third day starting from last day of AF... I hope for the best:thumbup:

I will be freaking in 2WW.....:dohh:

Welcome Jules :hi: there's another thread here with some really useful info :thumbup::

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...-artificial-insemination-success-stories.html

Got my crosshairs on FF today which confirmed that I'm 5dpo; Af is due on 27th. Bloating has started and have no sore bbs yet - these are good(ish) signs for me but it is still a bit early.

GL and :dust: to everyone getting donations or in the 2ww :thumbup:

I know that thread is mostly about donors but there are some great tips on the insem process :thumbup:

Hi jules! Good luck this month, be sure to keep us posted!

I got a smiley today! We will be inseminating this afternoon or tonight and hopefully again in the morning or afternoon. I am trying so hard to be realistic but my excitement is running away with me!

YAY for team Pink!!! :pink: :happydance:

Congratulations hun xx

Got my crosshairs on FF today which confirmed that I'm 5dpo; Af is due on 27th. Bloating has started and have no sore bbs yet - these are good(ish) signs for me but it is still a bit early.

Cheryl I am hoping and praying this is your month!

Cheryl I am hoping and praying this is your month!

Thank you so much! :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->