Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Sorry but it's not legal,

Since 1991, it's been illegal in the UK to transport or store sperm unless you have HFEA licence.* That's why foreign sperm banks will only ship to licensed clinics in the UK.* They do so in regulated circumstances with cryotanks etc, and under regulation from the HFEA.*Clinics are not permitted to send sperm for self insemination at home.

There was previously a gap in the law - in that the regulation did not apply if you only dealt with fresh sperm - and this led to the emergence of certain online companies who supplied fresh sperm to recipients at home.* However, the gap in the law was closed in (I think) July 2007 by some EU regulations.* Since then, it has also been illegal to 'procure' (which means distribute or transport or make available) fresh sperm for donation, as well as frozen sperm.

So the nutshell is that any organisation offering delivery of donor sperm to you at home is almost certainly unlicensed and operating illegally (I understand that Fertiilty1st are currently being prosecuted).*

Hi ladies :hi:

I got my first smiley OPK yesterday and a PEAK on the CBFM too so I travelled to my donor and got a donation last night :thumbup: temp is still down this morning and I got another smiley OPK and PEAK so reckon OV is today. Temp should rise a bit tomorrow and then I should be in the 2ww. REALLY hoping and praying for a sticky BFP this month.

Lots of :dust: to everyone :)

Good luck momwannabe :thumbup:

Well everythings happened as it should over here; temp rise, neg OPK and high on the CBFM - it looks like I'm in the 2ww :thumbup:

Good luck c30 and momwannabe!
I began testing with opk today, no smiley. cm becoming more watery but cervix still very low. donor is ready to go and says he will try to be available for as many insemination as possible. we both work a lot so timing is going to be difficult. Should the plunger of the syringe be lubricated before use?

Good luck c30 and momwannabe!
I began testing with opk today, no smiley. cm becoming more watery but cervix still very low. donor is ready to go and says he will try to be available for as many insemination as possible. we both work a lot so timing is going to be difficult. Should the plunger of the syringe be lubricated before use?

I actually added a bit of preseed into the syringe so that the sperm is nice and lubricated before being inseminated. helps them swim along i hope :)

Going for 2nd insemination. My temp rised today so idk if it's worth it but i'm not taking the chance. I still didn't get a positive opk but i could just be missing it or it could be the test. But i am hoping this month is it. :dust: to everyone

Hello ladies,

...just popping in to say hello:happydance:

Had my period July 29, so I am guessing these are my fertile days;)) I have been doing insemination every third day since after my period...just to make sure I wont miss it.
I got donation last week: Tuesday/ Friday/ Yesterday(Monday), will get one tonight, than Friday and Saturday...do You think its a chance?

Please send some baby dust my way, cuze I just want a sticky bean;))):baby:

Buckets of dust to you iBeach!
Sounds like you have a good chance. Do you use OPKs or Temp? Even if you don't, I'd say you have a steady stream of swimmers in there so theres a good chance you'll get that eggy :) Best of luck to you!

Buckets of dust to you iBeach!
Sounds like you have a good chance. Do you use OPKs or Temp? Even if you don't, I'd say you have a steady stream of swimmers in there so theres a good chance you'll get that eggy :) Best of luck to you!

Thank yooooou Leah:hugs:
I didnt temp or use OPKs. We just started this month, and I wasn't even sure when I ,,O,, I am just guessing by when I had my period. I will know better for next month if this one is not successful. But I hope this will be it;))))

That's just my wish;)

We always do it in the evening and I just go to bed afterwards;0) to keep them in there.

My last donation for this cycle will be saturday, since I will be going away early sunday morning.

:happydance:

F fingers crossed and baby dust for you. Hope you catch that egg in time

Hi girls:happydance:

How is everyone doing? So I am officially ovulating, I know it, cuze my ovaries are going crazy ( and my mood too) ;))...and I have been tracking my CM...

I got donation Monday night, last night ( Tuesday) annd will get one on friday.
I wish I could get one more today or tomorrow, just to make sure...but I am hoping the spermies from yesterday will live till friday;))))

Hi girls:happydance:

How is everyone doing? So I am officially ovulating, I know it, cuze my ovaries are going crazy ( and my mood too) ;))...and I have been tracking my CM...

I got donation Monday night, last night ( Tuesday) annd will get one on friday.
I wish I could get one more today or tomorrow, just to make sure...but I am hoping the spermies from yesterday will live till friday;))))

Good luck iBeach! I hope you get that eggy!

No smiley yesterday, but we went ahead and did our first insemination cause cm was watery and cervix is high. our first insemination was awkward! We are going to try to inseminate everyday until temp rises and just pray that the Clomid doesn't throw off ovulating too bad. From what I understand Clomid 's side effects don't really rear their head until after ovulation, so hoping they don't make me too miserable. Good luck to everyone who has gotten their donations and who are in the 2Ww, baby,s conceived this month will be due in May!

Good luck ,,firechild,,.

I didn't get smiley face, but we are doing ,,it,, anyway.

Our first attempt was the most awkward moment you can imagine. We did it 5 times, and now it normal.
My donor, who is my best friend as well, goes to my bedroom, while I wait in living room, does the ....and hands it to me, then I go to the bedroom and do my thing, and then we both hang out there together( sometimes all three of us) .
It's not awkward anymore;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"