Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I plan to test the 19th....

I'm confused about my cycles kinda... In the past months (since I got off BC 2years ago) I had very regular 28 day cycles ovulating on Sept 1(for example).... July and August my cycle was extended 3 days meaning it was a 31 day cycle... So now I'm not sure if I ovulated the 1st or the 4th?? I BD August 29, 31, Sept 3, and 4 to cover my bases... But if I ovulated the 1st I'd be 8dpo and that would change everything! Anybody have any insight on this?

That's a crazy dream :cry: :hugs:

I've never used BC but I can see how it might make your exact day a challenge :coffee: but then it looks like you did a good job getting inseminations in you to cover the possible day.

Sperm can live for more than the 1 day of our eggs life so I think your BD plans were pretty good. For us it's just donor :sex::spermy: everyday for the week covering before and after my calendar ovulation :happydance::spermy::happydance::spermy:

I plan to test the 19th....

I'm confused about my cycles kinda... In the past months (since I got off BC 2years ago) I had very regular 28 day cycles ovulating on Sept 1(for example).... July and August my cycle was extended 3 days meaning it was a 31 day cycle... So now I'm not sure if I ovulated the 1st or the 4th?? I BD August 29, 31, Sept 3, and 4 to cover my bases... But if I ovulated the 1st I'd be 8dpo and that would change everything! Anybody have any insight on this?

That's a crazy dream :cry: :hugs:

I've never used BC but I can see how it might make your exact day a challenge :coffee: but then it looks like you did a good job getting inseminations in you to cover the possible day.

Sperm can live for more than the 1 day of our eggs life so I think your BD plans were pretty good. For us it's just donor :sex::spermy: everyday for the week covering before and after my calendar ovulation :happydance::spermy::happydance::spermy:

I kno I almost :cry: when I woke!!

That's something that I was also concerned about.. So I :sex: from Aug29-Sept4 to be sure! Fingers crossed for :bfp:

Well, we had our first insem of the month today. No Ovulation yet so we're technically ahead of the game even though we were planning to start a couple days ago. We'll do insems every other day until we get our poitive opk and got for 3 straight and back to every other night again until o is confirmed. I'm not quite as hyped up about it this month. Still wishin and praying for that much anticipated BFP!!!

Little question about charting for those in the know...

I'm totally confused about my cycle this month.. Have been tempting but the first week or so wasn't great with my timing..
However, im taking a gamble & thinking that it's possible that I Ov somewhere between cd12 & cd13... I've just noticed on my chart that my temp took a little dive on Cd11... And now it's gone up a little, & stayed up (so far anyway). On cd12 i also had EWCM. Which I haven't had since.

We did an AI around midnite going from cd11 into cd 12.

Anyone who understands charting, is my chart doing what it's meant to?? I recall someone saying it IS meant to dip just before Ov? And then come back up again. And then wot??

Hi Jules, it is true that sometimes, before OV, the temp can take a dive (I think it did for me mostly) and then, of course, straight after, it rises. How is it today, do you think you've OV'ed?

Good luck Leah, lets get those swimmers meeting that egg!!! :thumbup: :dust:

I'm totally confused about my cycle this month.. Have been tempting but the first week or so wasn't great with my timing..
However, im taking a gamble & thinking that it's possible that I Ov somewhere between cd12 & cd13... I've just noticed on my chart that my temp took a little dive on Cd11... And now it's gone up a little, & stayed up (so far anyway). On cd12 i also had EWCM. Which I haven't had since.

Anyone who understands charting, is my chart doing what it's meant to?? I recall someone saying it IS meant to dip just before Ov? And then come back up again. And then wot??

Hi Jules, it is true that sometimes, before OV, the temp can take a dive (I think it did for me mostly) and then, of course, straight after, it rises. How is it today, do you think you've OV'ed?

Hey, thanks for replying : )
So far my temp is still up.. Seems to be going a little higher each day so far. I can't honestly be sure when I Ov this month.. Either I got a dodgy batch of OPKS, or I didn't Ov... I'm hoping it's the dodgy OPKS! Theyve always worked perfectly for me in the past. I 'might' have gotten a + on cd11 I think, there was a line twice that that was darker than all the other days. But not as dark as it has been in the past. So I'm hoping the EWCM on cd was a sign of Ov.

How are you doing? Are u well?

Hey, thanks for replying : )
So far my temp is still up.. Seems to be going a little higher each day so far. I can't honestly be sure when I Ov this month.. Either I got a dodgy batch of OPKS, or I didn't Ov... I'm hoping it's the dodgy OPKS! Theyve always worked perfectly for me in the past. I 'might' have gotten a + on cd11 I think, there was a line twice that that was darker than all the other days. But not as dark as it has been in the past. So I'm hoping the EWCM on cd was a sign of Ov.

How are you doing? Are u well?

Can you post your chart so we can have a look? If you're charting with FF, it should give you crosshairs (CH's) after 3 consecutive days of higher temps; forgive me if you already know that :winkwink: I never trusted cheapy OPK's, some women get lovely lines on them, but it was always a guessing game for me and when, some months you can only get 1 donation, the guessing just added to the stress. I used smiley OPK's, they are more expensive but, for me, definitely worth it. You see the smile which indicates the LH surge and even on days you don't get the smile, if you feel you're close to OV, you can still check the lines and confirm this. Also, you can test with FMU and that's a definite plus. Hopefully you'll get your CH's and be in the 2ww soon :thumbup:

Me, I'm ok thanks, LOTS of tiredness and LOTS of nausea but they're good symptoms so I'm just enjoying the ride :winkwink: got my midwife appointment on 24th so not much happening til then.

Got some bad news today:(. If I still ovulate the same day as last cycle (concerned the increased clomid may effect the day I o), then donor will be out of town the day before I o. and if I ovulate later because of the increase in clomid then he won't be available at all for donation. feeling very bummed. I I also have been stressing about thin lining. before clomid, AF was only 3 days. after first round , AF was still 3 days but lighter than usual.

Any chance you can get a back up donor just for this month firechild? A lot of the AI girls that I've spoken to along the way, including myself, have at some point had to have backups, donor's they can contact if one donor lets us down or just can't donate. Sometimes there was talk of backups for your backup, lol.

Any chance you can get a back up donor just for this month firechild? A lot of the AI girls that I've spoken to along the way, including myself, have at some point had to have backups, donor's they can contact if one donor lets us down or just can't donate. Sometimes there was talk of backups for your backup, lol.

I hadn't considered a back up donor :shrug: Got to recontact that other candidate! Proven fertility but no SA so didn't use him. But he was very eager so a good back up if he's OK with being a second ?

Thanks for mentioning this! Good luck to all in getting reliable donations!!

I hadn't considered a back up donor :shrug: Got to recontact that other candidate! Proven fertility but no SA so didn't use him. But he was very eager so a good back up if he's OK with being a second ?

Thanks for mentioning this! Good luck to all in getting reliable donations!!

Glad I could help :thumbup:

From my past experience increased dosage of clomid makes you ovulate earlier, but yeah, do keep a watch on your lining.

We have not even really considered a back up. it took almost a year to get this one. we love and trust him and he is only like ten minutes from us. It is definitely something I need to bring up to DH. Thanks Cheryl!

Ebelle- it would be great this cycle if I ovulated a lil early, then donor would be in town. do you know what day in cycle lining should be looked at? I am considering calling doc tomorrow to see if we can set something up.

Good Luck with donations this month LEAH! :dust:

EBELLE, I am testing in a few days with the sticks you gave... I cannot wait! :dust:

:wave: Hi Ladies!

We have not even really considered a back up. it took almost a year to get this one. we love and trust him and he is only like ten minutes from us. It is definitely something I need to bring up to DH. Thanks Cheryl!

We got lucky. the other donor is available and since I should ovulate Tuesday, he has volunteered to help us double up for the next 3 days. Can never have too much donation he said and that makes sense. He's coming this morning and it will be my first time with him so I hope it goes well.

Just popping in to say hi! Congrats pregnant ladies, and good luck to everyone still TTC! Noah is 7 months now and changing so much! Still in 0-3 clothes though, he's tiny! lol. Loves his food tho, scoffs garlic bread even!

These are from this week, he just learnt to sit up :)

Attachments

• DSCF5718.jpg
    DSCF5718.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC01889.jpg
    DSC01889.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 23
Luna, he is so gorgeous :cloud9: thanks for sharing the pics!

Just popping in to say hi! Congrats pregnant ladies, and good luck to everyone still TTC! Noah is 7 months now and changing so much! Still in 0-3 clothes though, he's tiny! lol. Loves his food tho, scoffs garlic bread even!

These are from this week, he just learnt to sit up :)

Hey there Luna!! You don't know me but I have read all 600 odd of the pages on this thread & I feel like ur an old friend!! ; )
I can't say thanks enough for all the info you provided in previous posts.. Your success is an inspiration!! Am soooooo pleased to see pics of your little miracle boy!! So happy for you!!

Thanks a million for coming back to share x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->