Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

So im only 3dpo.. I'm having really bad cramps on both sides, twinges on the right, I feel light headed and I'm getting a headache.. I'm hungry even after I already ate and super tired.. Is this a good sign? Or is it to early for any symptoms

3 dpo is definitely too early, its probably just post ovulation symptoms

So im only 3dpo.. I'm having really bad cramps on both sides, twinges on the right, I feel light headed and I'm getting a headache.. I'm hungry even after I already ate and super tired.. Is this a good sign? Or is it to early for any symptoms

It's probably a bit early for symptoms but that just means that you are super in tune with your body. Hopefully you'll get your BFP soon! :flower:

Try to relax if you can. I'm hopeful you'll get your BFP son!

Does anyone know if having two men's sperms will cancel each other out?? I read that they will compete with each other and with these attacks you end up with low counts??

Wellsk, sorry about your DH's reaction but don't give up hope. He may just need a bit of time to get his head around the situation. :hugs:

I'm trying to relax.. I do have school and work to keep my mind off it

I'm trying to relax.. I do have school and work to keep my mind off it

I can so relate! I'm only on the second day of inseminations and already thinking thinking thinking ... this could be the one:happydance:

This is my first month ttc,, so I'm a bit worried.. I never tempted, used opks, or anything b4 so I'm hoping I did everything right

DH hated the idea of trying AI at home and virtually said no! :cry:
He's like 'can't we just do it the usual way?'... Er no! Maybe you should've picked someone who's body worked correctly and would be able to have sex with you regularly. At this rate we're just gonna have to face facts. I am never going to be able to give him children!

I'm not even 'old enough' to be considered for any kind of fertility treatment in my area, and then add the waiting times to when I am old enough!
I just give up.

Don't give up yet. My DH had a hard time with the idea too. we are using a done because we have a male factor. He struggled through our first round of nominations, he was moody and emotional -but got through it. He wakes me everyday to make sure I take my temp about the same time, he contacts the donor and sets up donation times and days. I think men have a harder time than we do with the idea.most men also don't usually have the same desires we have for children.

This is my first month ttc,, so I'm a bit worried.. I never tempted, used opks, or anything b4 so I'm hoping I did everything right

Try to remember this isn't about doingit "right" there is a lot of trial and error for some and some get it on the first try. Even the most perfectly timed insemination with just right CM and blazingly pos OPKs are not going to always = :baby: . Just try to be aware and hope for the best. I know it's hard but remember that you've done your best and let the rest be out of your hands.

He's like 'can't we just do it the usual way?'... Er no! Maybe you should've picked someone who's body worked correctly and would be able to have sex with you regularly. At this rate we're just gonna have to face facts. I am never going to be able to give him children!

I'm not even 'old enough' to be considered for any kind of fertility treatment in my area, and then add the waiting times to when I am old enough!
I just give up.

Don't give up yet. My DH had a hard time with the idea too. we are using a done because we have a male factor. He struggled through our first round of nominations, he was moody and emotional -but got through it. He wakes me everyday to make sure I take my temp about the same time, he contacts the donor and sets up donation times and days. I think men have a harder time than we do with the idea.most men also don't usually have the same desires we have for children.

That's so awesome :thumbup: Giving my husband some time to get over his low counts helped him to know I didn't think any less of him as a man. And then when we started screening for donors that looked like him, he actually became very enthusiastic. He fully supports me during each donor ejaculations

Little question about charting for those in the know...

I'm totally confused about my cycle this month.. Have been tempting but the first week or so wasn't great with my timing..
However, im taking a gamble & thinking that it's possible that I Ov somewhere between cd12 & cd13... I've just noticed on my chart that my temp took a little dive on Cd11... And now it's gone up a little, & stayed up (so far anyway). On cd12 i also had EWCM. Which I haven't had since.

We did an AI around midnite going from cd11 into cd 12.

Anyone who understands charting, is my chart doing what it's meant to?? I recall someone saying it IS meant to dip just before Ov? And then come back up again. And then wot??

I just give up.

Thank you firechild! :hugs:
If we wanted to do something like that, then we'd have to do it in a simple at home way as I'm not 'old enough' to be treated by the NHS yet! :growlmad:
We're speaking to my doctor on Monday about it, I'm hoping that this will help solve any of his worries or thoughts about doing something like this. I asked him how much he wanted children, and he said 'very much'... but I just think that it can't be that much if you're not willing to try every option we have. :shrug:
I'm glad that eventually your DH became receptive to the idea :hugs: Best of luck TTC!

Hmmm had a veryyy vivid dream last night :-/ ... Never had such a clear dream b4..

I just give up.

Thank you firechild! :hugs:
If we wanted to do something like that, then we'd have to do it in a simple at home way as I'm not 'old enough' to be treated by the NHS yet! :growlmad:
We're speaking to my doctor on Monday about it, I'm hoping that this will help solve any of his worries or thoughts about doing something like this. I asked him how much he wanted children, and he said 'very much'... but I just think that it can't be that much if you're not willing to try every option we have. :shrug:
I'm glad that eventually your DH became receptive to the idea :hugs: Best of luck TTC!
Hang in there. We eventually found a way after some communication problems and I think especially some strong feelings of inadequacy. Time and patience can win the day. "At home" can be better than OK

He honestly has no reason to feel inadequate, I'm the one who's broken. He works perfectly fine. :shrug:

Hmmm had a veryyy vivid dream last night :-/ ... Never had such a clear dream b4..

About?? And on what day are you planning on testing :baby:

It was about my boyfriend dying?? It was VERY clear although I never actually seen him.. I had his iPhone and his wallet in my hands and I clearly remember putting in his pass code I seen the exact 2 letters it put (those letters match his pass code in real life) then I went outside his old house and seen the clearly the building and apt #.. (which is also the same in real life)... And I seen 2 of his friends there faces, bodies, hair, etc every detail... When I woke up I was extremely terrified and had to roll over and cuddle with him the rest of the morning

I plan to test the 19th....

I'm confused about my cycles kinda... In the past months (since I got off BC 2years ago) I had very regular 28 day cycles ovulating on Sept 1(for example).... July and August my cycle was extended 3 days meaning it was a 31 day cycle... So now I'm not sure if I ovulated the 1st or the 4th?? I BD August 29, 31, Sept 3, and 4 to cover my bases... But if I ovulated the 1st I'd be 8dpo and that would change everything! Anybody have any insight on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->