Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hope you don't mind my saying all this, but I'm concerned for you using this option.....

Thank you. I think you are speaking from your heart and I really appreciate that! For us it's the best option and we have it all planned out.

Me too. A lot of great information from all of you. I just haven't found anyone who tried a donor naturally rather than collecting and then injecting. My husband says he us OK with that but neither of us know how to go about it?

I used a website called voy forum... There's alot of great people from all over the world willing to donate.. Or known donor registry

Thank you! Do they have any that are local so they can donate directly into me. I would like to track my calendar and have that donor over every day during my fertile window. I'm just not sure how to ask for the natural way instead of me having to inject the sperms?

Yes they have donors from all over!! Wen you post your add you put looking for NI donor in___(your state) and only NI donors will respond to you

Me too. A lot of great information from all of you. I just haven't found anyone who tried a donor naturally rather than collecting and then injecting. My husband says he us OK with that but neither of us know how to go about it?

I used a website called voy forum... There's alot of great people from all over the world willing to donate.. Or known donor registry

Thank you! Do they have any that are local so they can donate directly into me. I would like to track my calendar and have that donor over every day during my fertile window. I'm just not sure how to ask for the natural way instead of me having to inject the sperms?

Yes they have donors from all over!! Wen you post your add you put looking for NI donor in___(your state) and only NI donors will respond to you

Yea that worked great. As soon as we clarified NI then we had a lot of donors

Went to pharmacy to pick up clomid to start today and discovered that they increased my dosage by 50mg. I called doc and I guess my cd21 numbers were not as high as they would like. So, I started 100mg of clomid. I really hope we get a positive this cycle. clomid makes me have terrible cramping from about cd13 to 8dpo. donor and I are trying to work out scheduling this cycle both of us have some crazy work stuff going on. its been a grrrr kinda day!

Good luck to those who got their donations and who are in the tww!

Yea I've been talkin bac and forth with about 3 or 4 donors.. Although I already have 1., they all kept in touch to wish me luck, send baby dust, And even conversate about my experince... I even had one offer to stay on tge phone while i did my first session...there all great guys!!

Hi everyone! :hugs:
I was wondering if you could help me or give me any advice...

I'm 21, my DH is 29 and we have TTC for 9 cycles. As far as we're aware, we are both fertile and healthy, however; I have vaginismus, which makes regular sex impossible and some times, sex impossible altogether.
I am thinking about artificial insemination at home, I already chart/temp, so I have a fair idea of when I O.

What exactly would I need to get? Should I consult my doctor first? How often would I need to do it? Do I need to take any other medications other than preconception multi vits?

Apologies if I seem really dumb, this is the first time I've looked into this and I'm a total novice! :blush:

Went to pharmacy to pick up clomid to start today and discovered that they increased my dosage by 50mg. I called doc and I guess my cd21 numbers were not as high as they would like. So, I started 100mg of clomid. I really hope we get a positive this cycle. clomid makes me have terrible cramping from about cd13 to 8dpo. donor and I are trying to work out scheduling this cycle both of us have some crazy work stuff going on. its been a grrrr kinda day!

Good luck to those who got their donations and who are in the tww!

Sorry you didn't have a good day firechild, hope you're feeling a bit better. Hopefully you can schedule in some good donations and FX that this will be YOUR month :hugs: :dust:

Hi Wellsk :hi: this thread has LOADS of information, have a read through :thumbup: there's also this one which is also very informative
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...-artificial-insemination-success-stories.html

What exactly would I need to get? Should I consult my doctor first? How often would I need to do it? Do I need to take any other medications other than preconception multi vits?
At least a syringe and a sample pot. No need really to consult dr unless you want to. In the final months I got 1 donation a month, plenty of women get 2/3/4 donations. Folic acid is an important one :thumbup:

The girls on this thread are really helpful so nothing is ever dumb or too much information. Good luck :thumbup:

How is everyone else?

Thanks c.30! And congratulations on your pregnancy!
Although I've realised maybe I'm not in the completely right thread as I won't need another donor aside from my DH, is it still okay for me to stick around here?
I'm taking folic acid in the multi vitamins, and I think I'm going to see my doctor on Monday about it :thumbup:
Thanks for your help! :hugs:

Thanks c.30! And congratulations on your pregnancy!
Although I've realised maybe I'm not in the completely right thread as I won't need another donor aside from my DH, is it still okay for me to stick around here?
I'm taking folic acid in the multi vitamins, and I think I'm going to see my doctor on Monday about it :thumbup:
Thanks for your help! :hugs:

No problems wellsk and thankyou. It's absolutely fine to stick around, if you want to :winkwink: there's been a few women in here who have had to do the insemination process with their DH's, for whatever reason, so you're very welcome :thumbup: I did go to see my doctor before hand, just to tell him what I was doing. Thankfully, I had a good one and he offered the 21 day blood test to check that I was ovulating. Only did that 1 month cos I was pretty sure I was ovulating. But, talking to them for some reassurance or simply to let them know you're trying, isn't a bad idea if it helps :thumbup:

I guess my case is a little unusual? I should be able to have sex with my DH, but just can't (or very rarely). It's the worst feeling in the world, I don't feel like a woman at all :cry:
What's a 21 day blood test may I ask? Is it just as it sounds?
I'm hoping that the doctors will be good about it, but a lot don't seem to understand or care about my condition. It's just like 'relax and you'll be fine'.... hmm, thanks! Like I've never considered that before! :dohh:

:hugs:

The "21 day blood test" tests the blood for progesterone which rises once you've ovulated. It's not necessarily on day 21 of the cycle; this would presume that you ovulated on CD14, of course, not everyone does! BUT, it does need to be 7 days after you ovulate, which can be a bit tricky if you're not 100% sure. Temping and OPK's help to pinpoint it. It's the little bit of "basic" help, I guess, that a dr can give you early on.

Some dr's can be very good, some will tell you that AI (artificial insemination) doesn't work - well, we've got a thread full of women here who can clearly prove them wrong :haha:

You said you temp, do you use OPK's to predict OV? Is CM a problem, if so, preseed may help?? You do have options so that's a positive thing :) :thumbup:

Thanks Cheryl!
Welcome welsk.
The side effects with a higher dosage are def worse. I was up half the night with a horrible headache. I usually get a headache the first day but not that bad. I ended up tempting two and a half hours late this morning. I will probably start opks next Wed.

how have you been feeling Cheryl?

Ah thank you C.30! I'm pretty confident that last month I O'd on CD17 and time cycle before that CD20 (As I chart). So pinpointing it shouldn't be a problem :thumbup:
I thought maybe you meant having to have a blood test everyday for 21 days! :dohh: :haha:

I don't use OPKs as I've never got any positives (when I have used them), they never seem to work for me :nope:
I tend to get alright EWCM, everything seem pretty normal (aside from the obvious). At the moment we're trying Conceive Plus.
Thanks, I'm really hoping that I can find the right option! :hugs:

Thanks Cheryl!
Welcome welsk.
The side effects with a higher dosage are def worse. I was up half the night with a horrible headache. I usually get a headache the first day but not that bad. I ended up tempting two and a half hours late this morning. I will probably start opks next Wed.

how have you been feeling Cheryl?

Oh no, sorry about the headache firechild!!! For an early or late temp, are you aware of this site: https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php
It lets you adjust the temp.

I'm tired, but happy, lol. Just resting and reading at the moment, on the second of The Hunger Games books, they're very good :thumbup:

DH hated the idea of trying AI at home and virtually said no! :cry:
He's like 'can't we just do it the usual way?'... Er no! Maybe you should've picked someone who's body worked correctly and would be able to have sex with you regularly. At this rate we're just gonna have to face facts. I am never going to be able to give him children!

I'm not even 'old enough' to be considered for any kind of fertility treatment in my area, and then add the waiting times to when I am old enough!
I just give up.

I'm 21, my DH is 29 and we have TTC for 9 cycles. As far as we're aware, we are both fertile and healthy, however; I have vaginismus, which makes regular sex impossible and some times, sex impossible altogether.
I am thinking about artificial insemination at home, I already chart/temp, so I have a fair idea of when I O.

Apologies if I seem really dumb, this is the first time I've looked into this and I'm a total novice! :blush:

My husband and I learned a lot from the information on the sight. Great women! :hugs: It sounds like you don't may be able to work through your condition? I don't know your situation but just from my sister's experience. If so, with a good ovulation calendar you and your husband might be able to conceive through :sex: but also use his sample if your condition and the calendar do not cooperate.

Good luck!

Yea I've been talkin bac and forth with about 3 or 4 donors.. Although I already have 1., they all kept in touch to wish me luck, send baby dust, And even conversate about my experince... I even had one offer to stay on tge phone while i did my first session...there all great guys!!

Wow. Spilled my tea :p:p:p
It is important to stay positive and r-e-l-a-x and I think you definitely are. Good luck to you!
:dust:

My husband and I learned a lot from the information on the sight. Great women! :hugs: It sounds like you don't may be able to work through your condition? I don't know your situation but just from my sister's experience. If so, with a good ovulation calendar you and your husband might be able to conceive through :sex: but also use his sample if your condition and the calendar do not cooperate.

Good luck!

Thanks for your response. And maybe, we can have sex a couple of times a month when TTC, normally we don't have any sex. But it is extremely painful and unpleasant (for me). I've had lots of therapy and it's got slightly better, but now I'm stuck :cry:

Good luck!

Thanks for your response. And maybe, we can have sex a couple of times a month when TTC, normally we don't have any sex. But it is extremely painful and unpleasant (for me). I've had lots of therapy and it's got slightly better, but now I'm stuck :cry:

OIC sorry, I was trying to figure out how to say it without sounding like I don't get it. :hugs: I know it can vary so was just wondering if it was like my sister had and she was able to get help. Seems like yours is worse so you must be having :icecream: so no luck for sure but definitely don't give up and consider AI. You can use your husbands sample :spermy::dust::blue:

Fire child, just another note on clomid, if you get serious side effects, tell your doc. When my dosage was increased, I had double vision. Was terribly scary. So do go and tell your doctor if clomid turns out to be incompatible for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->