Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

SO I have to share silly but true news. My MIL called today to tell us that she had a dream about fish last night. Apparently, everytime Mamma has a dream about fish, someone is pregnant in the family. She hasn't been wrong yet and is the first to predict all of her grandkids. I hope that means we have a suprise waiting next week!

That is very cool leah! My aunt has the same gift (except not fish) in our family.

I am 5dpo and have no symptoms. I have found great comfort in reading novels. its a welcome distraction that keeps me from obsessing and helps me relax. I have read 4 novels in less than two weeks.lol. ok, maybe it doesn't keep me from obsessing, just gives me something else to obsess over other than whether or not I'm pregnant. I don't have much hope for this cycle. I go tomorrow for day 21 blood test. If I am not pregnant this cycle, donor agreed to go for SA. we are really racking up some expenses. DH and I are discussing possibility trying IUI sometime at beginning of next year if I don't get pregnant before then. the cost is between $600-$700, which is not outrageous. sure would be nice to not even have to consider such possibilities.

So mamas, how are you feeling? Cheryl and MrsMM, how soon are appointments and what have your symptoms been? I am so happy to have seen a small part of your ttc journey, and I am so excited, can't wait to see posting of your babies' pics. it fills me with hope!

That is very cool leah! My aunt has the same gift (except not fish) in our family.

I am 5dpo and have no symptoms. I have found great comfort in reading novels. its a welcome distraction that keeps me from obsessing and helps me relax. I have read 4 novels in less than two weeks.lol. ok, maybe it doesn't keep me from obsessing, just gives me something else to obsess over other than whether or not I'm pregnant. I don't have much hope for this cycle. I go tomorrow for day 21 blood test. If I am not pregnant this cycle, donor agreed to go for SA. we are really racking up some expenses. DH and I are discussing possibility trying IUI sometime at beginning of next year if I don't get pregnant before then. the cost is between $600-$700, which is not outrageous. sure would be nice to not even have to consider such possibilities.

So mamas, how are you feeling? Cheryl and MrsMM, how soon are appointments and what have your symptoms been? I am so happy to have seen a small part of your ttc journey, and I am so excited, can't wait to see posting of your babies' pics. it fills me with hope!

I know what you mean about obsessing. DH got me a new iPad so i've been using it a lot for netflix and this and that, just playing around a ton to get my mind off of baby or no baby :shrug: DH is working a lot, I think to help himself relax about all this as well. I am staying very hopeful for your getting pregnant this cycle. :dust:

I met a guy at starbucks, who I didn't recognize but he is one of my friend's dad and he says he remembers me. Would never forget me, he said, I think trying to cheer me up after he heard about me losing my two donors. He even offered to help if I don't get pregnant. That would be so cool :thumbup: Since I am home alone a lot, and kind of bored, he says he can even come over later today and help me get the kindle app working. I'm not so good with tech stuff and he is an engineer so no problem.

Looking forward to you gals showing some baby pics =)

Hi me and my gf have been trying to conceive for the past 6 months. We are doing it through a donor he has been really good. I was wondering if any one had any advice for us to get our BFP . I have had tests I do not have POCS and seem to have nothing wrong with my insides. Although last month I skipped a period when I never have before. I am not on the pill and am currently not temping. I am using OPks

Look forward to receiving advice.

Hi ladies, I'm on my iPod so excuse any typos; I'm in aunts duty this weekend, looking after my 15 and nearly 17 yr old nephews :)

Firechild, I'll be 8 weeks on Monday and I have my first midwife appt :happydance: my sisters coming with me cos she's one of my birthing partners, my mum is my other BP but she's on holiday at the moment. I can't believe that my 12 wk scan is only 4 weeks away too :thumbup: of course, pics will be uploaded to here :)

Right I'm going to post now, it's actually not that easy typing in this lol

Hi all!! 11dpo here and though we had a small drop in temp yesterday, it seems to have perked back up today. DW says she has no symptoms to speak of besides some cramping (which as we all know can go either way). As for testing, we are going to wait for as long as we can. I am hoping to make it either to AF or testing by this time next week. Normally I would have already had her POAS but after the disappointment last month, the last thing either of us want to see is a BFN. So we will wait as long as we can stand it and test when we have more reason to hope.

dont see much activity on this thread no more for some reason where has everyone gone xx

Hi me and my gf have been trying to conceive for the past 6 months. We are doing it through a donor he has been really good. I was wondering if any one had any advice for us to get our BFP . I have had tests I do not have POCS and seem to have nothing wrong with my insides. Although last month I skipped a period when I never have before. I am not on the pill and am currently not temping. I am using OPks

Look forward to receiving advice.

Hi Kelky, have you considered getting checked to see if you have anovulation? I skipped periods for about 3 months at a go in the past and its because I wasn't ovulating. When I did ovulate, it wasn't strong. When do you normally ovulate? temping can help tell if you have a strong ovulation or not. a slow temp rise vs a sharp temp rise.

Also, how heavy are your periods? If you only have light bleeding, might want to consider getting your uterine lining thickness checked out. My major issue was my uterine lining was too thin, so the embryo couldnt implant even if it was fertilised.

Hope this helps and you can send me private messages if you want to discuss more.

aunt flo has arrived...boooooooooooooooooo onto another round. :wacko::dohh::nope::growlmad::cry:

baby dust to everyone :dust:

So sorry to hear that FAITH! GL FXD and soooo much :dust: for the next round!!!

I'm so sorry Faith!!! :hugs:

Every single month I hope that you'll be posting about your BFP cos, if anyone "deserves" it, you do!!

Lots and lots of luck for this cycle and buckets of :dust:

Hope all you other TTC'ers are ok and here's a bit more :dust: for ya :winkwink:

Sorry to hear it Faithbabies. :hugs:

Cheryl and MrsMM24, You guys keep that super fertile baby dust coming. 12 dpo and no af yet. we did have a temp decrease this morning again so I am feeling a bit pessimistic but as we all say....it isn't over til the witch shows.

LEAH, those temps are still higher than the CL so I think that chart is looking good from here :dust:

This is true MrsMM24. :) I was just so heart broken last month that this month I am expecting the worst while hoping for the best just to protect my heart. I'm sure you understand.

How is your little bean doin? You feelin ok?

Diagnosed with pcos today. Have metformin to treAt it. New steps...

I'm back... trying to conceive #2.

We have a new donor and are planning on doing 2-3 insems this month - one on Wed, Friday, and possibly Sat.

I'm not temping this month - just using a calendar and counting on a 28 day cycle. I will probably use some LH strips later this week.

I'm super excited to be back to TTC! Today I'm a little nervous because I had a touch of spotting, so I hope my hormones are doing okay.

Hi ladies! I've been stalking the forum for a while and finally decided it was time to join in. So a little bit of background. My husband and I are both 27 we were married June of 08 started trying to conceive beginning of 09' only to find out that June tha he had azoospermia do to childhood cancer. After taking time away for my husband and I to come to terms we officially moved forward with donor sperm sept. of 2011. We did 3 rounds of IUI with clomid with an RE and then one round of injectables. I had my first BFP the last round but sadly the beta number never rose and our little bean didn't make it. That was in July. Since then we have decided to backtrack and do some home inseminations. Our last round was way to pricey and I only ended up with 2 follies. My husband wasn't comfortable doing home Insems at first but now he is so we figure we should give it a try. We have three vials left with our current donor and he is no longer available except for donor sibling groups. So we've decided to use all three vials this cycle and maybe switch next cycle if we have to. I'm currently on CD10 and I expect to get a positive OPk by is weekend. I'm very excited! Anyone have any advice? We've been going back and forth on whether to do ICI or IUI what do you recommend? Do you all use softcups? Anyone else using frozen sperm? We would like to find a known donor to use fresh but my husband is against using an unknown person and so far we haven't had any luck with anyone we know. Hopefully we can change that by next cycle if we need to switch donors. Well sorry for the long post ladies. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->