Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi all! Nice to see some posts on here, it's been sooooooo quiet!

Nimyra... I'm so excited to see u back here- I read ALL of this forum about 6 weeks ago so I feel like I know you!!!!! : ) good luck with #2!

AFM.. Am 5 days late for AF. Did a test yesterday at home which my GP gave me, BFN. Still no AF. Today feel kinda rubbish, cold chills, bit sickly & dehydrated. I figured the doctors test would be definitive but a few other girls in here have said maybe I should have a blood test if AF doesn't show soon. My cycles are 27 days. Have never had one this long. And if she's comin I wish she'd get here now so I can get all my initial blood tests done (screening tests & cd21 test).

Just waiting waiting waiting...

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum after months and months of searching different sites and webs about Home Insemination, and I think I've finally found the right place :)! My name is Riley, I'm a single straight girl and just last week I've started the process with a known donor, I'm really excited and nervous, I guess we're all feeling the same hehe.

I'm also a bit scared it'll take too long, because my cycles have always been a bit crazy and irregular, I go anywhere from 31-35 days but I've had a 37 & 40 day cycle too, my shortest was 29 days, right now it seems to have settled at 33 days which I'm ok with, I also have NO idea when I ovulate, haven't paid attention either before so I'm doing that now, I won't be using OPK, just charting my temperature and CM, I don't want to stress and become paranoid about it every month, if by month 8 I've had no success then I will start to use ovulation tests.

Anyways, my last period started 14th sept. so I guess I'll ovulate around saturday which would be just amazing because on top of everything, my donor is only available on the weekends (and yeah, it has to be him, he's 'the one'), I inseminated just in case last saturday, I know it was too early but I have no idea when i'm going to ovulate so just in case, will do it this saturday too...I know my chances are lower just inseminating once a week but hey, it just takes one little swimmer ;).

Good luck and baby dust to all of you!!

That's too bad that he can only donate into you on the weekends. But you could get good timing and sperm lives like 5 days inside you so it doesn't have to be perfect timing. Good luck :dust:

Hi me and my gf have been trying to conceive for the past 6 months. We are doing it through a donor he has been really good. I was wondering if any one had any advice for us to get our BFP . I have had tests I do not have POCS and seem to have nothing wrong with my insides. Although last month I skipped a period when I never have before. I am not on the pill and am currently not temping. I am using OPks

Look forward to receiving advice.

OPKs can help with timing and especially the demands on a donor. I'm glad you found a good one! Seems to be hard sometimes.

Yeahh I know whlisa19, it kind of sucks but you're right, sperm can live more than 5 days and it only takes ONE, I'm charting my temperature every day (well, started yesterday really) and it was 36.4º which is normal for me, today it was 36.2º, no changes in cm, maybe a little increase but that's about it, I really really hope I ovulate on saturday or sunday but I feel this isn't my cycle, it's just the first try after all :)!!

Yeahh I know whlisa19, it kind of sucks but you're right, sperm can live more than 5 days and it only takes ONE, I'm charting my temperature every day (well, started yesterday really) and it was 36.4º which is normal for me, today it was 36.2º, no changes in cm, maybe a little increase but that's about it, I really really hope I ovulate on saturday or sunday but I feel this isn't my cycle, it's just the first try after all :)!!

Yea. Can try again and not fall into being too stressed :)

Does your donor save everything for you? That would be ideal to her the highest counts and probably multiple inseminations!! :dust:

My donor just comes home, does his thing and goes hehe, he doesn't donate to anyone else atm. Temp today was 36.1º and no cm change at all, it just sucks not knowing when you're going to ovulate but hopefully this cycle i'll notice, will be paying attention to every single little change I feel. Gahh, I just can't wait for the next insemination, hurry up saturday!!

cd1 ladies. I guess it is back to the drawing board. We talked it out and decided to do one last cycle before getting the Dr involved. I will be scheduling inital appoinments so that we are ready to go on the next cycle if needed. We are kinda bummed but we saw it coming after the temp drop yesterday.

I am so sorry LeahMSta, just keep positive and I'm sure you'll get your BFP really soon!!

I'm a bit confused about temp charting, it's supposed to drop during ovulation, or is it before? My temp has been dropping since Monday (36.4, 36.2 and today 36.1) and I'm supposed to ovulate either saturday or sunday, I'm CD13 today, but as I am irregular that doesn't really make any difference, I just can't wait to feel something that indicates ovulation ;P!

My donor just comes home, does his thing and goes hehe, he doesn't donate to anyone else atm. Temp today was 36.1º and no cm change at all, it just sucks not knowing when you're going to ovulate but hopefully this cycle i'll notice, will be paying attention to every single little change I feel. Gahh, I just can't wait for the next insemination, hurry up saturday!!

that's awesome :thumbup: you'll get good sperm counts that way :sex::spermy::spermy::spermy:

saturday is a long way off :hugs: hang in there

Thanks Juniper! It's good to be back. I need to create a new cycle ticker - will get going on that when I find some time.

Our new donor is coming tonight for my first insemination. I am on cycle day 13. LH test strips have been inconclusive (I swear they never seem to work right for me), but I expect to ovulate on Friday, just based on my cycle length.

Today I've been taking Guafesin (spelling?) to help thin my cervical mucus (figured it couldn't hurt).

My periods have been doing weird things (like stopping in the middle for a day before finishing) and I've been spotting, so I don't know if things are going to take this month, but I am hoping for the best. I got lucky last time and conceived on my second cycle with a donor, but I know I can't count on that.

I have an appointment with my OBGYN on Friday and I'm excited to talk with her about trying to get pregnant again.

I said I wasn't going to temp, but I changed my mind.

Anyway, fingers crossed!

LEAH, I am sooo sorry to hear that you are on to another cycle! :hugs::hugs: I hope you don't have to bring the doctor into it, but if so, I think it could be a positive thing. GL :dust:

Hi All :wave:

Sorry to read that Leah :hugs:

Tons of luck and :dust: for this cycle :thumbup:

Good luck with the first donation Nimyra :dust:

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back ladies who were with us before!
Leah and Faith- I am sorry to hear about the witch- I won't be far behind you, I am expecting her on Sun, and it def looks like she's going to show.

I have been keeping myself busy during this tww- working a lot and getting things done around the house. it has helped to keep me from obsessing. I got bad news on Mon: Sat I went to have day 21 bloodwork done to see if we need to adjust the clomid. On Mon the lab called and said they ran the wrong test, so there will be no info for this cycle. the doc just wants me to take the same dosage as last month. the post o side effects were horrible this cycle, it felt like somebody kicked me in the uterus!
Probably some time next week we are going to set our donor up to have a SA. and I am going to see if the doc can do an u/s and just check that everything is ok- the pain I was in this cycle has me a little concerned.
I keep feeling like we are doing something wrong. DH and I are discussing possibility skipping next cycle , its his birthday and we want to have some more testing done. I guess we will wait and see.

Soo my temp today was again 36.2º, so confused, I guess it's normal and once i'm closer to ovulation it will drop eventually, did notice some changes in cm today and had a tiny little cramp this morning on my left side, I feel like a paranoid haha. FF, Ovuview and a couple other apps reckon my ovulation will be on Sunday, i'm praying this is true because the insemination will be on Saturday night and if I ovulate the next day then I still have a good chance, good luck to everyone!!

:bfn: but i found a new donor and so far :sex::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy: so it has to work out this time :dust:

Aww I'm sorry for your bfn whlisa19, but on the other hand, good news about the new donor, I hope you get a huge bfp next month, good luck!

Well, I've been talking to my donor all day, he's such an amazing person, we've been talking about doing NI for a few weeks but I wasn't so sure about it and he didn't want me to feel pushed, I know I have better chances with NI rather than using a syringe, and I know him really well and don't feel uncomfortable with him at all, so might give it a try as I just can do it on weekends, gosh...this makes me even more nervous but even more excited!!

Aww I'm sorry for your bfn whlisa19, but on the other hand, good news about the new donor, I hope you get a huge bfp next month, good luck!

Well, I've been talking to my donor all day, he's such an amazing person, we've been talking about doing NI for a few weeks but I wasn't so sure about it and he didn't want me to feel pushed, I know I have better chances with NI rather than using a syringe, and I know him really well and don't feel uncomfortable with him at all, so might give it a try as I just can do it on weekends, gosh...this makes me even more nervous but even more excited!!

I'm not sure if you meant just YOU have a better chance with NI or in general. If it's the latter, that's a myth, AI is just as successful as NI; I'm not sure of percentages but they're pretty similar, if not the same :thumbup: :)

Sorry about the BFN whlisa19, lots of :dust: for the next cycle :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->