Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Aww I'm sorry for your bfn whlisa19, but on the other hand, good news about the new donor, I hope you get a huge bfp next month, good luck!

Well, I've been talking to my donor all day, he's such an amazing person, we've been talking about doing NI for a few weeks but I wasn't so sure about it and he didn't want me to feel pushed, I know I have better chances with NI rather than using a syringe, and I know him really well and don't feel uncomfortable with him at all, so might give it a try as I just can do it on weekends, gosh...this makes me even more nervous but even more excited!!

thanks :hugs: i'm :sex: every day and plan on overloading my egg :spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy: :happydance:

good luck with your donor. however you 2 decide :shrug:

Thanks whlisa19!

I've decided to give NI a try, I know it won't happen on the first try but you never know...Anyways, my temp today dropped to 36º (yesterday it was 36.2) so I hope it is a good sign and tomorrow drops even more, noticed an increase in cm aswell, it's not ewcm yet though, we'll see what happens!

Ditto the comment that AI is equally effective ( if not more effective depending on method) than NI.

Temp drop today, hopefully today is my ovulation day! Doing our second insemination this afternoon. And I think I'll skip doing a third insem on Saturday. Two reasonably well timed tries ought to be enough.

Baby dust to all

My next insems are next Thursday and Friday. I'm too caught up in Metformin nausea at the moment :-(

Good Luck to you all with donations coming up soon! FXD! :dust:

Thanks whlisa19!

I've decided to give NI a try, I know it won't happen on the first try but you never know...Anyways, my temp today dropped to 36º (yesterday it was 36.2) so I hope it is a good sign and tomorrow drops even more, noticed an increase in cm aswell, it's not ewcm yet though, we'll see what happens!

I did NI, now pregnant with a lil girl

Aww I'm sorry for your bfn whlisa19, but on the other hand, good news about the new donor, I hope you get a huge bfp next month, good luck!

Well, I've been talking to my donor all day, he's such an amazing person, we've been talking about doing NI for a few weeks but I wasn't so sure about it and he didn't want me to feel pushed, I know I have better chances with NI rather than using a syringe, and I know him really well and don't feel uncomfortable with him at all, so might give it a try as I just can do it on weekends, gosh...this makes me even more nervous but even more excited!!

I'm not sure if you meant just YOU have a better chance with NI or in general. If it's the latter, that's a myth, AI is just as successful as NI; I'm not sure of percentages but they're pretty similar, if not the same :thumbup: :)

Oh no no, I meant that I have better chances with NI because my donor is only avalaible once or twice a week and I don't know when I ovulate, so I rather do NI and do it right than use a syringe and maybe use it wrong, iykwim :winkwink:. I know AI has a very high success rate and who knows, maybe NI doesn't work out for me and I end up using a syringe, never say never, I just want my BFP, I don't care if it's thanks to NI, a syringe or God's grace hehe :cloud9:.

Good luck to all the ladies getting donations! Would love to see another success for next month. Would especially like to be one of the successes, but I have had temps drop over last two days, cramps and sore bbs- so I'm sure AF will show up right on time:(

Hi ladies, im a long term lurker on this thread and want to wish y'all good luck & hope you get your bfp :hugs: i find all the advice here really useful. We've been ltttc but find a time goes on babymaking intercourse can be a lot of pressure and we can get a bit f&*ked up over it. We've tried softcups AI & that really helped but Im not sure the swimmers were really getting up where they needed to be, although I know its worked for a lot of women. Anyway we've now progressed to using oral syringe this cycle & that has been great. We're really giving it our all & using NI too, but this really takes the pressure off (& mayb because its new its also a wee bit kinky as well). Anyway just wanted to say thanks as this thread has been a real help x

:dust::dust::

Hi ladies, im a long term lurker on this thread and want to wish y'all good luck & hope you get your bfp :hugs: i find all the advice here really useful. We've been ltttc but find a time goes on babymaking intercourse can be a lot of pressure and we can get a bit f&*ked up over it. We've tried softcups AI & that really helped but Im not sure the swimmers were really getting up where they needed to be, although I know its worked for a lot of women. Anyway we've now progressed to using oral syringe this cycle & that has been great. We're really giving it our all & using NI too, but this really takes the pressure off (& mayb because its new its also a wee bit kinky as well). Anyway just wanted to say thanks as this thread has been a real help x

:dust::dust::

Good luck to you too :hugs:

I just finished 3 :sex::spermy::sex::spermy::sex::spermy: and I can tell you that NI is for me :thumbup: It's still very stressful when it comes to testing time, but babymaking is great!! and relaxing even, because like you say, it's feeling a bit kinky and I just enjoy this part of it very much while keeping my ultimate goal in sight :coffee:

My donor(s) have loved me in their own way and my DH is a super guy and loves me through everything!!

BFN. my temp increased this morning. AF is not due until tomorrow, I should have waited to test. this has never happened before, I have never had a temp increase before AF.

What tests did you use Firechild? It could be a false BFN, they're quite common on certain IC's. If your temps doing something it doesn't normally do at this stage of the cycle, I would say that's a good sign. I have my fingers tightly crossed for you!!!!!

What tests did you use Firechild? It could be a false BFN, they're quite common on certain IC's. If your temps doing something it doesn't normally do at this stage of the cycle, I would say that's a good sign. I have my fingers tightly crossed for you!!!!!

I used an early response test. if AF doesn't show tomorrow, I will pick up a clearblue test. I was so excited when I saw my temp shot up, it was very disappointing to get a negative. I don't have any idea what else would make my temp do that. I am not sick and have recently replace batteries in thermometer. Same amount of sleep as usual and same temp in my bedroom. I am completely over-analyzing this.

Thanks whlisa19!

I did NI, now pregnant with a lil girl

That's so awesome. Congrats :thumbup:

I found out yesterday that my DH will be gone for the next two weeks for work. Wasn't sure what to do at first because he has been an important part of my inseminations :cry:

But I was with my new donor this afternoon and we were talking about things between inseminations. He could tell I was worried about doing this alone and suggested that I get to one of the "donor" parties he knows about. I never heard of it??

He has been a few times and the guys bring current STD paperwork so no worries and the girl can get a lot of :spermy: I'm not sure how it would work but since I am going to be alone and bored and don't want another :bfn: then I think it would be awesome to experience on my way to :bfp: Only thing is, I don't really want to tell my DH :shrug:

No AF today. So confused

Would you normally wake up to it firechild at 14dpo like you are today or has it arrived later in the day?

I know it's really hard but all you can do really is wait and take another test if it still hasn't shown up. I was on tenterhooks this morning waiting to see your updated chart so I'm thinking of you :hugs:

No AF today. So confused

Would you normally wake up to it firechild at 14dpo like you are today or has it arrived later in the day?

I know it's really hard but all you can do really is wait and take another test if it still hasn't shown up. I was on tenterhooks this morning waiting to see your updated chart so I'm thinking of you :hugs:

Almost always wake up with it. But the 100 mg of clomid maybe throwing my body off. temp is still above coverline, and my lp is never more than 13 days long. I'm gonna wade through the day and if the witch doesn't show, I can test tomorrow.

Whew... +opk today. Wasn't expecting that until Friday.

Donations start tomorrow

Good luck with donations Laura, I used to get soooo excited about a +OPK :thumbup: lots of :dust: to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->