Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I agree with Laura, it's always worth getting an extra donation. Good luck :dust: :hugs:

Thinking of you Emily. :hugs: know nothing about shipping but hopefully the other ladies will be able to help :thumbup:

Firechild, are you using fresh, frozen, or shipped sperm?

Timing would be perfect for shipped or thawed sperm. Yesterday may have been ideal for fresh. It's hard to say. Use what you notice this month about your timing of ovulation relative to trigger to guide next month if needed.

Firechild, are you using fresh, frozen, or shipped sperm?

Timing would be perfect for shipped or thawed sperm. Yesterday may have been ideal for fresh. It's hard to say. Use what you notice this month about your timing of ovulation relative to trigger to guide next month if needed.

Fresh. what is the difference? I'm sorry, don't know anything about the others.

the others don't live as long as fresh so you have to time it closer to ovulation. With fresh you have a day or two ahead of time that is still good timing.

I say go ahead with your insemination. If it doesn't happen this month, try the day of surge and day after surge next month.

hey all! hope everyone is doing well, I just wanted to stop in and ask those of you using known donors, have you considered a donors gift? if so any ideas? Our donor is my wife's brother and I would like to give him something really special after the baby is born, just havnt quite figured out what yet hummmm....

I think a gift is a great idea! We often provide dinner for our donor and his family to say thank you for donations. We will most likely do a gift at some point as well. I know surrogates are usually given a gift when the baby is born, so why not our donors! As far was what to get him...I have no idea lol
How are you doing? How far along are you now?

I was thinking some type of jewelry, maybe some kind of pendant? I don't know I have never bought for a guy, or for anything so meaningful, but it just seems like the right thing to do. who knows what it will end up being! lol am doing great we just moved into a much bigger place and we are LOVING IT! im 15 weeks as of yesterday, morning sickness is pretty much over thank goodness. im just superrrrrrrr tired. not the geez im tired I cant wait go home and relax, its more like I have to put my head down and close my eyes right this moment cause I cant go any further kind of tired ha ha I don't remember this much fatigue when I was pregnant with my daughter but that was 12 yrs ago!

Wow! I can't believe you're already 15 weeks! Time passes so quickly lol So glad the morning sickness is over for you :) I say keep an eye out for things he seems to really like over the next few months. If he's a sports guy, tickets to a game or season tickets...A nice watch...

HI ladies,

I am just so happy....after 5 months of TTC i got a BFP. I woke up and did the test 1st thing in the morning . My sperm donor has been so good, always there when I need him.

Artificial insemination does work!!!!

I wish you all ladies a very BFP...

HI ladies,

I am just so happy....after 5 months of TTC i got a BFP. I woke up and did the test 1st thing in the morning . My sperm donor has been so good, always there when I need him.

Artificial insemination does work!!!!

I wish you all ladies a very BFP...

Massive congratulations x

Wonderful news, Letdoit! Many blessings for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Just wanted to jump in here and announce that I got my first ever BFP using donor sperm! It was our first try on clomid after discovering that I likely do not ovulate on my own.

Wishing much luck to all the ladies also using a donor!

congratsssss letdoit. :)))))))))
may you please share it on success stories page?

Wow!!! Congratulations ladies. A happy and healthy 9 months and beyond! Feel free to share some of that super fertile baby dust!!! Lol!

Got crosshairs this morning. looks like we missed it:-( I think the trigger is making me o the same day. tho they ensure me at the office that the trigger is reliable for making you o 24-40 hours after. Cervix was def open when we did insemination.
I took opk at 1030a on Sat (negative), then triggered around 1p. Opk are not reliable after a trigger (it will give you false positives).
I am so confused! And of course I'm obsessing about this. Dr said we need to do HSG if I am not pregnant after this cycle.
If anyone has any insight for me I would be most greatful! I am feeling out and really thinking we should just give this up because its just not going to happen for us- no mater how hard we hope and pray.

well got scan Thursday as got some light bleeding :( no pain or clots but had very bad upset tummy wonder if that's irritated my cervix to make it bleed. dida test yesterday an came straight up pregnant 3+

I think you need to try not to worry as much Mummylou and just try to enjoy the early stages of being pregnant :thumbup: worry in itself can make all sorts of things happen to our bodies.

Firechild, a donation the day after OV can still catch that egg; I really hope that that is the case for you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->