Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Congrats to the ladies with bfps! It's so easy to get discouraged in all this, so hearing success stories really helps give us hope :) H&H 9 months to both of you!

My crosshairs moved?¿? I have never had this happen before. Anyone else have this happen?

My crosshairs moved?¿? I have never had this happen before. Anyone else have this happen?

Firechild, it's never happened to me but I have seen other people's charts change because of one temp. At the moment, for your chart, is actually 'better' cos you ovulated the day of the donation :thumbup: your chart may stay like that or tomorrow's temp may change it back. I think sometimes FF needs 4/5 days of temps before it finally makes up its mind :wacko: it all still looks good to me though :thumbup::flower:

:wave: Hi Ladies

Sorry to have been gone so long, the 3rd trimester is really been beating me down. It has certainly taken its toll. On top of that the little girl frowing inside seems as though she is thoroughly enjoying her nourishment and is growing nicely enough that they have moved my due date up. How are you all doing? Any updates?

CONGRATS to all the new BFPs!!! Wishing you all a H&H 9mos!

LEAH that chart is looking nice! FXD!:dust:

Thanks MrsMM24 :)

Things here are chugging right along. The weather here needs mood stabilizing drugs. Today we have a mixture of sleet and regular good old fashioned snow. In April. Dw says she is feeling cramps and such as if AF is approaching so I feel like we are out for this cycle. She's her usual pms-ing self. I could always be surprised too. Just checking days off of the calender. Next cycle presents a huge scheduling issue so avoiding it all together would be awesome. Lol!

Leah I hope you guys get your surprise :flower:

I have had an interesting evening. Bfn this morning on an early response test.
About 5pm I decided to take another cheapy test and a very faint second line showed. However I managed to splash some pee on the plastic test window area (and it says you should avoid doing this) and was sure this was why it gave me a second line. I was desperate to pee again but couldn't! (I really wished I had used the cup method!)
So an hr later and I managed to pee again (into a cup this time!) and used another of the same type of test and again a faint second pink line. I also dipped an ic just to see an low and behold a very faint second line also appeared.
Took some pics and showed my sis. I keep thinking surely I would be unlucky to get three tests all with evap right? Can't actually get my head around the fact they may be +.
Guna test again tomo and pick up some more tests.

Hope you ladies are all hanging in there and doing ok.:hugs:

Ooh, keeping everything crossed for you Oxygen :dust:

oxygen, why don't you post the pics here and get from us more encouragement?:happydance:

Leah I hope you guys get your surprise :flower:

I have had an interesting evening. Bfn this morning on an early response test.
About 5pm I decided to take another cheapy test and a very faint second line showed. However I managed to splash some pee on the plastic test window area (and it says you should avoid doing this) and was sure this was why it gave me a second line. I was desperate to pee again but couldn't! (I really wished I had used the cup method!)
So an hr later and I managed to pee again (into a cup this time!) and used another of the same type of test and again a faint second pink line. I also dipped an ic just to see an low and behold a very faint second line also appeared.
Took some pics and showed my sis. I keep thinking surely I would be unlucky to get three tests all with evap right? Can't actually get my head around the fact they may be +.
Guna test again tomo and pick up some more tests.

Hope you ladies are all hanging in there and doing ok.:hugs:

I thought my faint bfps were all evaps too! Until I got a FRER and saw it plain as day. Goodluck! Very exciting!

oxygen-I hope you keep getting 2nd lines and they keep getting darker!

So, I've been using answer brand opks for a couple of days. They barely show a line at all...today I actually could see the line pretty well. It was definitely not positive though. I did a cb digi and had a smiley. So, I do not recommend the answer brand to anyone! lol

Anyway, did an insem last night and going to do another tonight for good measure. We may not need it, but it can't hurt...

Oxygen, leah, and jury: I will keep you in my prayers! This certainly seems like a good month for babydust.
Cheryl- thank you for the input, I was so confused, but it is comforting that this isn't completely unheard of. I think of you often and can't wait to hear of the arrival of your precious little girl!

Thanks so much ladies for the support. I took another test this am and another faint positive. Its only about 12 hrs since my last test tho so I am guessing it will take a couple of days to start getting darker.
I was going to post a pic but I am respectful of the ladies on here who have been trying a lot longer than me and so I decided not too.

Baby dust for each and everyone of you.
Thanks again for the well wishes :flower:

Oxy congratulations.

Lots of rest and healthy living now, you have a were been that, needs looking after :)

Thanks so much ladies for the support. I took another test this am and another faint positive. Its only about 12 hrs since my last test tho so I am guessing it will take a couple of days to start getting darker.
I was going to post a pic but I am respectful of the ladies on here who have been trying a lot longer than me and so I decided not too.

Congrats Oxygen! I hope the lines get darker every time! Very exciting when there's a bfp in here. Can u share ur story & what u did this month?

We started AI yesterday, just about to do another. I decided we'll do inseminations every day from yesterday (cd 10) till day after +OPK (usually cd15). I was worried about depleting sperm numbers etc by doing it for 5 days in a row- but I've read enough articles/advice etc on FS websites to make me think that basically, as long as there is sperm 'up there' consistently then you've got a chance. Especially if the sperm is already there waiting for the egg.. So that's what we're trying anyway.

I've gotta say, every time we do the DIY AI I get this feeling that's its totally ridiculous to be doing it & that its a waste of time... But then I come in here & read success stories & think 'well all these girls can't be making it all up!' ... And then I feel positive again.

So a big thanks to all of you who stay on the thread even when u get ur bfp's. it does help to know that ur stories are real, & so are your bfp's!!

Congrats Oxygen! I hope the lines get darker every time! Very exciting when there's a bfp in here. Can u share ur story & what u did this month?

We started AI yesterday, just about to do another. I decided we'll do inseminations every day from yesterday (cd 10) till day after +OPK (usually cd15). I was worried about depleting sperm numbers etc by doing it for 5 days in a row- but I've read enough articles/advice etc on FS websites to make me think that basically, as long as there is sperm 'up there' consistently then you've got a chance. Especially if the sperm is already there waiting for the egg.. So that's what we're trying anyway.

I've gotta say, every time we do the DIY AI I get this feeling that's its totally ridiculous to be doing it & that its a waste of time... But then I come in here & read success stories & think 'well all these girls can't be making it all up!' ... And then I feel positive again.

So a big thanks to all of you who stay on the thread even when u get ur bfp's. it does help to know that ur stories are real, & so are your bfp's!!

It really works! My story is kinda short really lol.
I'm a 34 single gay lady and decided to make the leap and try for a baby. I have the support of my family so that helps me a lot. I asked a very close friend of mine if he would be my sperm donor. We had some good deep discussions and he agreed :thumbup:
This was actually my first month ttc. I was a bundle of nerves mostly not knowing if everything was working ok (ie if i ovulated etc). I used opk's, cbfm, cb digi and I started bbt. I eventually got my + opk on cd 20 (phew!!!). The tests had started to get darker the day before so I had a donation that night (o-1) and was due for a donation on the day i got my + pok. Unfortunately my friend managed to knock the cup of sperm out of his hand! He was devastated and agreed to donate to me the following morning before work.
Anyway my temp rose the day after my + opk so I must have ov'd the same day as my + opk result. I thought the last donation may have been too late if I had already ov'd, but ladies on here assured me it was a good back up donation.
So that was me in the tww for the first time. I swear I felt symptoms right on through. My stomach has felt wierd and I was drinking and peeing a lot. I told myself it was likely just me imagining. Anyway I made it too 7dpo and tested, obviously bfn and then once a day until 11dpo. On 11dpo I had a bfn with fmu on an 'early predictor' test. I decided to test again about 5pm (not sure why) on an ic and had a little drama with messing the test up (see earlier post!) and had a faint second line. Tested late on with another 2 and got the same faint pos.
Que ziltch sleep last night but another faint pos this morn and this aft!
Keeping my cb digi test until my period is officially missed.

I simply inseminated with a syringe and with my legs up for 30 mins (and had the big O too :winkwink:)
Drank lots of grapefruit juice and used pregnacare conception tabs.
The cbfm was useless for me this month, just gave me highs all through but this can happen apparently.
Sorry for the essay ladies!

So, I've been using answer brand opks for a couple of days. They barely show a line at all...today I actually could see the line pretty well. It was definitely not positive though. I did a cb digi and had a smiley. So, I do not recommend the answer brand to anyone! lol

Anyway, did an insem last night and going to do another tonight for good measure. We may not need it, but it can't hurt...

I used answer brand and it suckeddd! fingers crossed for you!

It really works! My story is kinda short really lol.
I'm a 34 single gay lady and decided to make the leap and try for a baby. I have the support of my family so that helps me a lot. I asked a very close friend of mine if he would be my sperm donor. We had some good deep discussions and he agreed :thumbup:
This was actually my first month ttc. I was a bundle of nerves mostly not knowing if everything was working ok (ie if i ovulated etc). I used opk's, cbfm, cb digi and I started bbt. I eventually got my + opk on cd 20 (phew!!!). The tests had started to get darker the day before so I had a donation that night (o-1) and was due for a donation on the day i got my + pok. Unfortunately my friend managed to knock the cup of sperm out of his hand! He was devastated and agreed to donate to me the following morning before work.
Anyway my temp rose the day after my + opk so I must have ov'd the same day as my + opk result. I thought the last donation may have been too late if I had already ov'd, but ladies on here assured me it was a good back up donation.
So that was me in the tww for the first time. I swear I felt symptoms right on through. My stomach has felt wierd and I was drinking and peeing a lot. I told myself it was likely just me imagining. Anyway I made it too 7dpo and tested, obviously bfn and then once a day until 11dpo. On 11dpo I had a bfn with fmu on an 'early predictor' test. I decided to test again about 5pm (not sure why) on an ic and had a little drama with messing the test up (see earlier post!) and had a faint second line. Tested late on with another 2 and got the same faint pos.
Que ziltch sleep last night but another faint pos this morn and this aft!
Keeping my cb digi test until my period is officially missed.

I simply inseminated with a syringe and with my legs up for 30 mins (and had the big O too :winkwink:)
Drank lots of grapefruit juice and used pregnacare conception tabs.
The cbfm was useless for me this month, just gave me highs all through but this can happen apparently.
Sorry for the essay ladies!

Fantastic story!!!! Wow!!! That's made my day.. I'm a little bit older than you but not by much. It's great to hear something so positive. So u did the AI the day before & day of Ov. I'm also drinking loads of grapefruit juice each day, basically about an hour or so before we do the AI.. Man that stuff works!!!! It's like magic! : )

Thanks for sharing ur story- it's fab, & gives me inspiration this week that I truly needed!!

I'm really glad it has inspired you. I did the AI the day before ov and the morning after ov. So O-1 and O+1 (I didn't expect to ov so quickly after my +opk!)
This method is not much diff to getting preg the 'natural' way....we just use a different method of getting the sperm where it needs to be.!
Good luck to you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->