Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

friends, I have a question.
I tried the insemination yesterday via softcup.
OH put the semen inside the softcup, then I inserted it in my vagina.
After three hours, I took the softcup, but there was still some juice in it.
The sperm probably done his job, traveled to cervix, the remain liquid I saw in the cup was just junk semen, right?

I would say that's right. What they ejaculate is not just sperm, but semen. So, it's not all going to be gone bc it isn't all sperm. I always have a little left over when I take it out. Plus, you have your own fluids that get mixed in. So, you shouldn't have anything to worry about!

Here are some facts I found on sperm:

https://www.fitsugar.com/Sperm-Facts-Every-Woman-Should-Know-101868

wow thanks i kinds of knew that but it would be really nice to be informed on how much gets inject when a guy lets out a small amount if its all dead sperm or what

Thanks Jury. We will just keep trying. We will find a way.

Hey, it's happened before, it will happen again! It just needs to land in the right place this time :) I hope it happens for you girls soon! :dust:

sorry Leah...
your chart says your luteal phase was short for this cycle. what about the previous ones?

Hey, it's happened before, it will happen again! It just needs to land in the right place this time :) I hope it happens for you girls soon! :dust:

Jury, how many times did you inseminate this time?

sorry Leah...
your chart says your luteal phase was short for this cycle. what about the previous ones?

Jury, how many times did you inseminate this time?

It was the usual 13 last cycle. I think we just had a weird cycle.:shrug:

... feeling discouraged today. It was soooo stressful traveling to California this month for an insemination. I really don't feel emotionally up for a new donor search, but its also frustrating to think about using shipping alone or traveling so much.

I'm 9 DPO today and although I know it is early to test, I did, and had a BFN. Now that I know how sensitive my internet cheapies are (I had positive tests at something like hcg of 15 ) I am not at all optimistic.

I worry that I am going to get too old and that I'll never have the family I want.

I would be interested in looking into adoption, but we live in such a small house that I don't think we'd qualify to become foster-to-adopt parents and we can't really afford a private adoption.

Sorry to be so down... could use some encouragement.

ugh ladies i am so confused with my body this month.... I finally feel my left side ovulating right now, and in my panties today found a little bit of a creamy discharge and i usually dont get it for atleast a week....but im cramping on my left side, ive been moody all day today.... :( I have no idea whats going on. I really hope im not out this month. Then if i am ovulating its 3 days since my insemination and, my lutual phase this month is only going to be 10-11 days.....it that to short?? my AF would appear on May 2nd or 3rd

Nimyra-I can't even imagine what you must be going through. It will happen though! Don't give up! You were pregnant and that's a good thing. Miscarriages happen all the time to women and they later end up with a healthy baby. I know it's got to be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel now, but don't give up...

Astito-We inseminated 3 times. The first time was way too early, but we already had it scheduled so I just went with it bc you never know. The other two were 3 days and 2 days before O. Although I think I O'd earlier than what FF tells me, so it may only be 3 days and 1 day before.

ugh ladies i am so confused with my body this month.... I finally feel my left side ovulating right now, and in my panties today found a little bit of a creamy discharge and i usually dont get it for atleast a week....but im cramping on my left side, ive been moody all day today.... :( I have no idea whats going on. I really hope im not out this month. Then if i am ovulating its 3 days since my insemination and, my lutual phase this month is only going to be 10-11 days.....it that to short?? my AF would appear on May 2nd or 3rd

Are you using opks or anything? Why do you say your luteal phase would by short?

Jury, don't worry on ''too early''. I was pregnant last year, ended with mc...we did natural insemination one time, 4 days before the ov ( I mean, we didn"t have any idea on home insemination, and all our attempts to bd around the 5-day period failed due the DH anxiety except one which was 4 days before the ov, and I became pregnant).

Jury, don't worry on ''too early''. I was pregnant last year, ended with mc...we did natural insemination one time, 4 days before the ov ( I mean, we didn"t have any idea on home insemination, and all our attempts to bd around the 5-day period failed due the OH anxiety except one which was 4 days before the ov, and I became pregnant).

That's encouraging to hear. Really sorry it ended in a m/c. My OH & I have done home AI on Ov-4, Ov-3 & Ov-2... Then couldn't get any more done after that due to some dramas going on the next few days. Has left me feeling pretty despondent. Like there's no point in even thinking about a bfp or symptom spotting!! But ur story gives me hope as did the responses I got from a couple of other girls.

Maybe I'm not completely out...

... feeling discouraged today. It was soooo stressful traveling to California this month for an insemination. I really don't feel emotionally up for a new donor search, but its also frustrating to think about using shipping alone or traveling so much.

I'm 9 DPO today and although I know it is early to test, I did, and had a BFN. Now that I know how sensitive my internet cheapies are (I had positive tests at something like hcg of 15 ) I am not at all optimistic.

I worry that I am going to get too old and that I'll never have the family I want.

I would be interested in looking into adoption, but we live in such a small house that I don't think we'd qualify to become foster-to-adopt parents and we can't really afford a private adoption.

Sorry to be so down... could use some encouragement.

It must be a bad month for a few of us in here. Sorry to hear ur feeling so low hon. I know I'm finding it taxing enough doing AI with my OH sperm.. I can only imagine how much added pressure & strain there is trying to source it elsewhere & do the AI. God, sometimes it's even hard for OH & I to manage to be in the same place at the right time.. Sometimes life makes things sooooo difficult.

I really admire the effort you put in Nimrya. Don't give up on ur dream family. This is just a moment in time where u feel the odds are against you, we all feel it at times. But don't lose hope. When u have hope anything is STILL possible ; )

Thanks astito! Honestly I'm not super worried about it this month. I have a feeling it's not going to happen for a few months for us, but that's ok bc I am working with a nutritionist right now and looking forward to getting healthy. That should help in conceiving and having a healthy pregnancy, so I'm ok taking a few months to work on that and waiting for our bfp. Thanks for the encouragement though! I hope you see another bfp soon :)

Juniper, you brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

:hugs:

Juniper, you brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

:hugs:

Your very welcome ; )

Unfortunately suffering is part & parcel of the human condition.. I understand wot it feels like to be losing hope, I deal with it everyday professionally. And I've experienced it over the last 6 months personally in a way I never thought I would (not due to ttc). And the only thing that i can see ever really truly helps, in ur lowest moments, is the compassion of other people. Realising your not alone. All of us in here may be at opposite corners of the earth, but even so, we understand both the joy & pain that people feel in here. Bcos we've all felt it in one way or another.

Support & understanding takes all shapes & forms- it's why forums like this can be so powerful.

Your not alone, hang in there : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->