Considering gender scan.....

oliviarose

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

so glad that there is a section for this... I feel so cruel for feeling the way I do at the moment.....

We are very blessed to have a DD9 and DS 22 months..... I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with no3..... I am desperate for this baby to be a girl.... I can't tell you how disappointed I will be if it is a boy...... This has come from having such a wonderful experience with a girl and a bad one with a boy.... Our DS was and is still so demanding and he can be such hard work (a typical boy!)..... I have done all of the prediction tests (all fun I know) but they point to a girl (chinese gender prediction, ring test)... But based on my 13 week scan pic it indicates a boy (skull shape)......

We have our 20 week scan in 6 weeks, would it be really silly to go for a gender scan in a couple of weeks and pay £55....... Only to be disappointed........ It would be nice as DH did not go to our first scan and won't be able to make our second one, so would be a nice experience for him.....

Glad it isn't just me who will be so sad to have a certain gender...... As all I could ask for is a healthy baby.......

Personally, if I could get a gender scan at 16 weeks I sure as heck would. Paid for and all.

I'm only 6 weeks and dying to get the excitement or disappointment out of the way and move on. I've been obsessing over gender since I saw the second line on my first pregnancy test haha.

:flower:

I would advise you not to get a gender test for the simple reason I had one and have been left just as confused as there early there not as accurate and so now i'm worried.

Have a good think about how you'd feel if you get told girl at your gender scan then boy at your 20 week scan xx

I caved and got one at 17 wk 2. It was about a tenner more expensive than yours but was worth every penny. I was scared Sprout would be a girl since we lost our daughter in January, and what do you know, team pink again. I'm not half as upset as I thought I would be, it helped she was clowning around during the scan. I'm glad we went though, it means I can work through my fears and by the time Sprout is here I'll be in a better place to be her mum.

I had one at 17 weeks and was so glad I did, I really wanted a girl, and I knew if they told me that baby is a boy I'd be very disappointed. Sure enough, we're team blue. Seeing how happy my OH was and how healthy baby looked definitely helped ease some of the disappointment, I still had a cry about it, but I got over it much quicker than what I thought I would, and I think that's in part due to the fact that the gender scan was such a lovely experience, despite me not getting the news I hoped for.

I had a gender scan. Just don't tell people before because I felt like I didn't even wanna say it was a boy and wished no one knew we was having the scan! X

I know just how you feel. I had a girl first and she was fantastic then a boy and he is so much hard work even now at 7 years old he just does as he pleases, I tried for another girl and got my second little boy and he is so different. I am now pregnant again with a woops baby as I didn't want anymore as I really don't want another boy so I will be going to a gender scan at 16 weeks as I need to know, the wait is just horrible. Hope yo get what u want.

Thanks for the replies ladies... We have decidedagainst it.. Or rather DH has talked sense into me.... We couple spend that £55 a lot more wisely than on a scan...... So I have got another 4 weeks and 4 days to wait... When I could know in a week..........

I have posted my pics up on here to ask for gender guesses and everyone is guessing boy, only two ladies guessed girl....... So I am just going to getit in my head that baby is a boy...... There is still that little bit of hope, but think I will just have to come to terms with baby being a boy :(

Thanks again ladies.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->