Constant light bleeding with the implant??

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
I had the implant put in at the beginning of last month and for the past week, I've had constant light bleeding and it doesn't seem to be showing signs of stopping. It looks like it's starting to go away but then it's like a tap and there is more blood.

It's really light, shows up mainly when I wipe, isn't soaking a pad although shows up on it, isn't enough to warrant using a tampon but it's just starting to get on my nerves now as it's interfering with my sex life as neither myself or my boyfriend like to have sex when AF is here and I'm getting antsy. :blush:

So...how common is this, should I go and see someone or is this normal and it will eventually go away??

I had this, after it'd been going on for a year I got my implant taken out.

Oh man, this could be a long term thing? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!! :(

I've had mine in since the beginning of April and have had no bleeding at all. The nurse told me if I had bleeding they would put me on bc pills for a while to get it under control.

Light bleeding can last up to 6 months that is why they keep on and on about keeping it in.
I had the first implant (Implanon) and had no issues with it at all. I had it put in in June 2009 and I've just had it removed and the new implant (Nexplanon) put in.

I've not had any issues and I've had it in three weeks now. They are different so sometimes things can change.

Hope it settles down

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->