constant spit up EVERY feed.... HELP

Samantha_S

Reaction score
Before I start.... I realize babies spit up, BUT WHATS NORMAL?

My DD is three weeks old this coming Thursday. These past two weeks Ive noticed more and more spit up during and after EVERY feeding. Sometimes it appears uncomfortable by the facial expressions she makes ... sometimes she cries. She spit up twice during her feeding this morning... a good amount, and 4X after the feeding. She gets uneasy, fussy, and fidgety (flailing arms and legs while getting upset and red in the face) after the feeding.... yesterday she spit up a large amount an hour and a half after feeding!? unusual?
- You can hear her trying to gulp the spit-up back and some points following feedings, her eyes get all red and watery, at first i thought gas... now Im not so sure - its heart breaking.

I feel like Ive tried everything; different bottles, less formula more often, feeding upright, keeping her upright for half hour plus following each feeding, burping or pausing feeding more often... so far nothing seems to make an impact. In fact she seems to get more upset when you stop her from guzzling the bottle or try to burp her during the feeding, she really gets into a crying fit until you give her the bottle back...

I have an appointment with her Dr on Wednesday, but was curious if any of you experienced Moms have any pointers... this is my first and feel so bad that I cant help her.

Maybe one of you can help!!!

TIA!!!

Excessive spit up could signal reflux. Their throat burns which is why they get comfort out of continuing to suck on the bottle.

Hi,

You may want to try fennel tea. A woman gave me that tip when I was starting out and it's worked wonders. She emphasized the importance of giving a few sips to a baby before you give them their milk. I guess the soothingness of the tea helps prepare their tummies for the coming food. Then, you can always give a few sips afterwards, too.

It really helps get those burps out, too. :)

I just make one bottle of it, and he sips from it here and there throughout the day at room temp. The Hipp brand I have suggests one tea bag, brew for 5 minutes in 200 ml of water.

But also, you may want to ask your doctor if he/she thinks your baby might have acid reflux. If so, they should have gentle medications for it.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->