Constantly feeling sick!

mommy0610

Reaction score
Is anyone having this problem? I'm anywhere from 6 and half weeks to 7 weeks. From the time I get up til the time I go to bed I'm constantly feeling the urge to throw up but I havnt done so I have been limited to the couch for a week now. My house Is an absolute wreck but when I try to get up and do something I feel worse. Anyone know anything to help?

Ah I'm seven ish weeks and in the same boat... I'm a foodie and NOTHING takes my fancy at the moment. Just want to curl up and be miserable.

Have you tried ginger? Also when I eat I actually do feel better. Salted crisps are my best friend at the moment and Vimto....

Snap I'm in exactly the same boat, I've only been sick a couple of times but the nausea is constant 24h a day! I'm finding cheese biscuits and flat lemonade is helping a little bit but not a lot. Hope we all get some respite soon!

Try Ginger ale, ginger candies or anything with ginger.
Lime also might help.
Vit B6 gummies (@Babies r us)
Drink lot of water
Small meals
Stay away from smells.

We had stopped eating totally at home when i was in same stage. I was not able to take any strong smell.

I feel your pain! I am 10 weeks and have felt like this since week 7. While I haven't found any tried and true methods, here are a few things that help.

Eating small meals. In the beginning I wasn't eating at all (lost 10 lbs in one week!) but am finding that if I don't let myself get an empty stomach it is at least bearable.
Peppermint tea - this doesn't necessarily make me feel better, but I can stomach it and get liquids in me
Blueberries - same as above, doesn't make me feel great, but they don't hurt my stomach and then I get folic acid (I'm not taking prenatals, so any vitamins are good ones)
Zofran - I really tried hard not to take this at first, but I have caved and take it pretty much every day. It doesn't take the nausea away completely but at least it lets me feel human!

I am REALLY hoping this lets up. Good luck to you!

I'm the same. Constant sick feeling since about 7 weeks. It's been awful so can sympathise!

I found eating dry crackers often helps. And I'm always sucking sherbit lemons at work. That seems to help it a bit.

I'm hoping it eases off a bit the next few weeks.

Yep, I'm nearly 7 weeks and feeling exactly the same. Don't know how I'm going to manage when I have to go back to work on Monday after the holidays.

I've tried eating lays regular chips where they are salty they kinda help and I've been taking the b6 pills for 2 days they kinda help as well but nothing is taking this away I'm not a ginger person so that probably won't help me. I'm thinking god I got laid off work a few months ago their is no way I would be able to work feeling like this. It's New Year's Eve and I told hubby I wanted to stay home so I didn't have to get dressed since that's like the worse task in the world these days. I hope we all get some relief soon. I'd love to wake up and feel good again. I'm thinking this one is a girl tho since all the sickness and I didn't have none with my son.

I've had all day sickness from around 5 weeks and it's still around most days now (13 weeks)
I've found 2 things help...eating and sleep.
Even if you feel too sick to eat it really helped for me, just a little amount of something quite plain like toast and the sleep thing was major! If I had a bad night sleep and work all day I could not stop gagging and throwing up but when well rested I had some really good days.
I think everyones different but hope you find something that works for you soon.

I had at least 7 weeks of this in my first pregnancy. I work full time as well so just had to battle through. i find lucozade helped some and very bland starchy foods such as potato & pasta were ok ish. Hoping it won't be as bad this time, with a full time job and a toddler to run after!

I sympathise, I haven't been like that this pregnancy but i was with my last, i had 2 solid weeks of nausea, same advice as above, eat little and often, rest as much as possible and drink plenty of fluids, what might help some doesn't help others, ginger made me feel worse!

Last couple of days I've had constant on and off nausea. No actually being sick but a couple of times I've been kneeling over the toilet thinking I'm going to spew.

It sucks but I keep telling myself it's a good sign to have morning sickness/nausea

I started getting sick yesterday. I don't like having to throw up but hey that's one of the symtpoms of being pregnant! Today I got sick around the same time as yesterday. I have been drinking giner ale which is helping somewhat. I will get some more crackers or might even get some Lays chips like mommy0610. I think I will stick to lots veggies, fruits, and salads. It seems like meats is not my best friend at this time. :growlmad: I had some hamburger helper which was not that much and it didn't sit right with me, and I had 2 pieces of chicken and again it didn't sit right either. I hope everyone will feel better soon!!:hugs::flower:

Apples have been my best friend and as of the last two days it hasn't been that bad. Try to keep moving I thought laying around would help and it wasn't the last two days I havnt been laying around and I feel better. I've had more spells of gagging while I'm moving but I don't constantly feel sick anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->