Constantly feeling the need to pee but only a tiny amount coming out when I go??

JasmineAnne

Reaction score
I'm 27 weeks and 2 days today. And for the past few weeks or so I have been having these 2 to 3 hour periods where I will constantly feel the need to pee, yet when I do go to pee only the smallest amount comes out. What gives?? :shrug: It's the most uncomfortable feeling to feel like I need to go for a pee constantly and not being able to relieve it. It happens for about 2 to 3 hours pretty much every day.

Does anyone else experience this? What causes it? I understand baby will be resting on my bladder but why does it only happen for a couple hours every day or so? Is there any way to relieve it when it happens?

I've had UTIs in the past and the symptoms I'm having now are nothing like that so I don't think I have a UTI. But who knows, I'll ask my midwife about it when I see her next week.

I have had the same thing. And I never thought it was a UTI. I had always attributed it to the baby pushing down on the bladder. As long as it doesn't burn or smell foul, I think you should be okay! Just bring it up with your ob/gyn in case though :)

However, I was discussing this with a friend and she also had the exact same thing. She didn't have a UTI either. Sometimes if you change positions the urge to pee goes away. Mine will literally bounce on my bladder lol. I have now learned that changing positions helps because baby moves away from the bladder

I used to get that in third tri where I couldn't get hardly anything out. I think it was the way baby was lying on my bladder which made it uncomfortable. I used to do something to help relieve it but can't remember exactly what now it might be leaning back abit or leaning forward? You might have to google it. If you don't or can't empty your bladder properly it could cause a uti x

If a uti is ruled out then its probably baby pressing on your bladder. I suspected uti throughout 3rd tri last time and was getting checked every 2 weeks and it never turned out to be a uti. Probably related to baby pressing on your bladder at different parts of the day or something.

I've had several utis and each one had completely different symptoms that's why I feel it's worth getting checked out.

Yep! This started happening to me a few weeks ago. My sister is a nurse (and has 2 kids) and she says this happens all the time.

...but if you get that awful stinging pain that won't go away, definitely get checked for a UTI.

It sounds like baby on the bladder to me, too, though it never hurts to get checked for a UTI. They move around a lot in there, and do develop somewhat of a routine, so it sounds like yours just happens to like to snuggle up to your bladder for a nap once a day or something. It may pass as the baby gets bigger and doesn't somersault as much - I have to go more often now on average, but it's not that unproductive every two minutes pee from when he was really moving and shaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->