• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Constantly worrying.. Do I have PPD?

laxobellavida

Reaction score
I just had my baby boy a week ago today. Since he was 2 days old, which was when we were able to come home, I've found myself worrying about everything. The first three days I probably got 8 hours total of sleep. I sat up in bed and just stared at him because I was so scared of him stopping breathing. I keep researching things that could possibly happen to babies and all I worry about is something happening to him. Last night my husband left to get us dinner and came back to me crying. He kept telling me to talk to him but I don't want to sound crazy. I also keep worrying about me getting sick with something and dying and leaving him without a mom. I've never worried about these things before but now it's all I think about. I feel absolutely crazy and I am stubborn and hate asking for help such as from a therapist. My mother has severe PPD after having me and had it again with my younger brother. Are these symptoms of PPD or baby blues?

I had the same feelings and i think it was just baby blues because the feelings lessened after a couple weeks. I still have severe anxiety, but i've had that forever, and it's different than the feelings i had right after the baby was born.

It's too early to say if it's PND. Having a baby is a huge thing and can be quite a shock when you get home. Your hormones will be returning to normal so that plays havoc with your emotions too. Worrying is a natural thing so don't be too hard on yourself. And suddenly bursting in to tears is very very common. If it doesn't pass within a couple of weeks then speak to your HV and also your GP at check up. I worried myself sick to start with, got up a million times a night to check on isabella. In the end I bought an angelcare movement monitor which at 8 months old, I still use with her. Xxx

Hello!
I just wanted to add in my experience, maybe it will help...after our daughter was born, i was super stressed out...i got an infection in my incision, and had a few extra visits to have that checked out...at the second visit, my OB asked how i was feeling (this is about 3 weeks pp) and i was still feeling stressed, bursting into tears at everything and having alot of anxiety, which i didnt have before. there were occasions where i would wake up my husband to come take the baby, because i just couldnt handle it..i felt like a failure at everything, mostly because breastfeeding wasnt working out for us (she was constantly hungry, and refused to latch on, i tried pumping but could only get an ounce or so at a time so we supplemented with supplementation formula)....she put me on a low dose of an anti anxiety med, and it has made such a difference...i feel so much better about everything, and it also helps that she has patterns with her behavior now...if she is fussy she might need a diaper change or a bottle or is telling us she needs a nap or is uncomfortable..otherwise she is happy and active and loves babbling and exploring her hands and feet...it never hurts to talk to your doc and tell them what is going on, especially if you have concerns...there is PPD and there is also post partum anxiety, which is what i think i have (read an article in american baby about it, which hit the nail on the head!)

:hugs:

I was feeling like that for about 2 weeks after giving birth- also terrible night mares when I did sleep and feeling extremely anxious when people held my baby! Try and relax, it does pass, slowly and these terrible feelings start to occur less often!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->