Constipated - anyone else getting gas pains?

bombshellmom

Momma of 2 DD'S and expecting DS in April!
Reaction score
I have been constipated for a little over a week, and when i am able to go it is diarrhea. I have been having gas pains in my stomach, too. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and I just wish I could go!! :dohh: thinking of asking my doctor if I could take some stool softeners! Or something! I also feel like my prenatals are making things worse as far as bowel movements go, lol. I'm just screwed

There are things you can take when pregnant, or perhaps try bran cereal? Be aware that that diarrhoea is what is commonly known as "overflow" rather than an actual clearing of the bowels. Check your breath too, if it starts to smell a bit rancid, that can be a sign that things are backing up too far, and is a definite requirement to see a Dr. (Oh the joys of working in a healthcare environment, this is mormal for me)

My prenatals were making my problem much worse. Just taking folic acid and iron instead and have been better. For gas you can take wind-eze or anything that is pure simeticone as it is safe.

Me too hun! Feeling the gas pain and constipation tonight, I can't remember having gas pain with my daughters pregnancy

Did you try the usual homespun remedies, like plum juice (don't drink more than 2 glasses in 2 hours) or dry figs?

I'm still constipated and still getting gas pains at 10 weeks tomorrow. I've had this since conception. Ughhhhh. It normally goes away at around 12 weeks for me and then comes back when I'm about halfway through for a while. Siiiiigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->