Constipation and Piles

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
I'm sorry to ask this again, I'm sure it's probably been asked tonnes of times before but It'll take me forever to go through all the old threads.

I have been suffering with constipation for weeks. Sometimes it can be really bad, it's painful and I will literally spend up to half an hour in the loo trying to go. I also think I have piles now thanks to the constipation :blush: It's really painful and sometimes bleeds when I do manage to go.

Advice? xx

Sorry hun hope someone answers didn't want to read and run. From what I've read on constipation just try and have a fibre rich diet and I've heard a glass of water with a squeeze of lemon first thing on a morning helps.

I'm definitely not drinking enough water which I think causes mine and I had a little blood on the tissue after I'd been to the loo this morning so not sure if it is related.

x

i asked my mum, she sed drink orange, prune juice (or eat some prunes)
and have a bowl of all-bran every morning and night, im alot better now!!! just need to realise i cant eat what i used to! lol
x

Mine's improved lots since I've upped my fibre intake (well, its still there, but for fewer days at a time) but what tends to work for me when it gets really bad is 2 big mugfulls of hot water on an empty stomach in the morning. I add a little honey to make it more palatable.

I assume you're doing all the other stuff like staying active and getting enough water and fibre throughout the day?

Oh and prunes, grapes, apricots and pears are supposed to be good too!

Best of luck! This is TMI but the relief and BLISS I am in after I FINALLY go after three days is just AMAZING!!!! :blush: So I feel for you! It's horrible.

As for the piles, apparently you're not supposed to push too hard. :blush:

it is horrible, ive felt like crying the past week before i started eating all bran!!
havent had it for a few days but now im wishing i had kept it up lol!

it is horrible, ive felt like crying the past week before i started eating all bran!!

Yeah mine was MUCH worse in first tri because I couldn't eat my weetabix without feeling sick :cry:

I LOVE weetabix though so its all good. REALLY not very keen on all bran though! :nope:

Yeah mine was MUCH worse in first tri because I couldn't eat my weetabix without feeling sick :cry:

I LOVE weetabix though so its all good. REALLY not very keen on all bran though! :nope:

yeh all-bran is a bit disgusting! i have it with a weetbix too so it doesnt feel like im chewing straw! lol

Lol, I've tried lots of fibre rich stuff. Can't stand all bran but might have to try and force myself to eat it xx

Oh I have REALLY suffered with constipation and piles. To the point where I've been in tears cos I need the toilet that badly but just can't go!!

I've started to drink a lot of fruit juice, fruit & fibre cereal for brekkie and some veggies. I seem to be OK now, it does come and go a little bit and I'm not as regular as I was pre-pregnancy (sorry tmi!) but I feel sooooo much better. Hot water also helps...its nice with lemon too :)

Do you take pregnancy vitamins? I was taking them and they had iron in which gave me REALLY bad tummy pains and constipation. I've been fine since I stopped taking them, and you don't need them if you have a balanced diet. When I found out that these were a big cause of my tummy pains I was majorly relieved!!

As someone else said about the piles, you aren't supposed to push too hard...but I know how hard it is when you just want to get it out. All practice for pushing baby I say :rofl:

Hope this helps and it gets better soon. xx

Lol, I've tried lots of fibre rich stuff. Can't stand all bran but might have to try and force myself to eat it xx

thats what i have to do, try it with some warm milk its a bit better!
(just not too much as my husband pointed out it looks like what i want it to look like at the other end lol!)

Lol New mummy!!

Suzanne- Yeah I am taking pregnancy vitamins and did wonder if it might be those, think I need to keep on with those though really because I'm still suffering with nausea and vomiting, so need to make sure i'm not missing out on anything i need. xx

See if you can get hold of some pregnancy vitamins which don't contain iron...as its probably the iron making you constipated.

You could even ask your GP and he might be able to prescribe the vitamins without iron, or maybe he'll advise you that you do need iron with the vomiting. Its worth a try though!

If you do need the iron.....better get yourself some anusol cream :D XX

Do try the Hot mugs of plain water (with a bit of honey) in the morning. I've had three to four in the past and it does filter down somehow! :thumbup:

Hi

I have no piles (yet!) and haven't had bad constipation, but have been "sub optimal" for most of my pregnancy. Before pregnancy, I was always perfect in this respect (hate to boast of course :blush: :winkwink: ): perfect consistency, well hydrated and out like a flash. Despite staying active and maintaining a diet rich in fibre and staying well hydrated (all important in bowel movements), things have "slowed down" and were definitely harder :blush:

THE most important thing is not to "force it" or "strain": those are what cause piles and other bowel problems.

Is your diet high in fibre? Muesli, wholemeal bread, yoghurts with grains in all help...

The other thing - which despite my healthy lifestyle - that was recommended to me by my new midwife is "Linseeds" (same as Flaxseeds, I believe) - like these https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1517&prodid=1613 (available at most health food shops). They are like greasey little sesame seeds and I just put a tablespoon of them on top of my muesli in the morning (but as the link says, you can mix them with other cereals or yoghurt). They are MIRACLE WORKERS! After a couple of days, I was back to normal pretty much. Soft, hydrated, quick... and sometimes twice a day :blush: . I still don't rush things (i.e. go when my body tells me it wants to, rather than "on demand" ), but otherwise completely normal. HAS to be a good thing!

So :thumbup: to linseeds (and I look forward to a day when I don't have to think/talk about poo any more - or at least not mine... - :winkwink: )

QT

I found Liquorice work wonders, I am using it for extra iorn and to help me go... So I stopped vitamins with high iorn and rather eat Liquorice instead... It is good since I started

I might invest in some of those seed things. I'm drinking more than 2 litres of water a day so definitely hydrated enough xx

I found Liquorice work wonders, I am using it for extra iorn and to help me go... So I stopped vitamins with high iorn and rather eat Liquorice instead... It is good since I started

Watch out for liquorice - https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1378652.stm

Personal choice, but maybe not recommended... (except maybe at 40+ weeks, then might be a VERY good idea! ;) )

QT

I might invest in some of those seed things. I'm drinking more than 2 litres of water a day so definitely hydrated enough xx

You have nothing to loose (especially since they are cheap), at least that was my attitude, and they have been great :thumbup:

QT

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"