Constipation - not daring to push

well it decided to "come out" yesterday
Sorry if this is TMI but I had to grip the door handle, labour style
It was soooooooo painful and my poop hole hurt all day yesterday

My Best friend who's a pharmacist has told me we can take lactulose a well as plenty to drink
I think mine's the drinking as finding it hard to stomach liquid

Ouch !

hahah i thought exactly the same when i was on the toilet, and then i couldnt go incase i did any damage, so i tried again a bit later when i was less stuck lol x

same thing until 10wks. I found not taking my pernetal vitamin helped. Instead I took folic acid of it's own and loaded up on fruits and veggies. It's the iron that makes you constipated in the prenatals and I eat I pretty well balanced diet - I don't think the extra iron is so crutial this early on as blood volume had not increased too much yet. Dr said it was just fine.

I am so constipated now i am having pains in the middle of my back :( I think the Iron in the multi vit is making it worse so changed back to the multi vit i had which had less iron in to see if that helps.

Going to drive to tesco now and see if there is anything i can get that might help. Really flustrated that i feel this uncomfortable after 2 days :( i have been making sure my diet is ok and trying to eat all the right things :(

Heyy hun I thought of this too whilst pregnant! But it is common in pregnancy to be constipated! I was terrrrribly bunged up for months. I ate tons on veg and fibre but it didn't work. Doc finally prescribed fibregel... Which is VILE but works really well! Hope I get better soon! X

i been prescribed this and it is mingin! its like really cheap orange squah but it has loads of bits floating in it!! EUGGHH!!:sick:

I am so constipated now i am having pains in the middle of my back :( I think the Iron in the multi vit is making it worse so changed back to the multi vit i had which had less iron in to see if that helps.

Going to drive to tesco now and see if there is anything i can get that might help. Really flustrated that i feel this uncomfortable after 2 days :( i have been making sure my diet is ok and trying to eat all the right things :(

Just be careful with the vitamin A content in ur multivits hun :hugs:

I've been ok so far. But I suffer from IBS and it is usually the opposite to being constipated (sorry tmi) so I am hoping I will have a happy medium of somewhere in the middle! Or just normal! But I do sometimes have that cramp of needing to go, even though I don't. And another thing, while on the topic of poo (and again tmi), is anyone elses an odd colour? Mine seems more yellowy than normal.

thankfully i got to see the pharmacist she sold me something (knowing i was pregnant) to help me go as it had been a few days there were lots of warning on the back so i was a little scared but desperate so i went ahead and used them as the pharmacist said it would be fine just this once.

Also go fybrogel but about 2 min later i threw it up so that was not much help :(

I think the same thing. I know it's stupid but i think it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->