Constipation - what would you do?

GemmaB2016

Reaction score
Ugh!!! Sorry that my first post is so embarrassing, but don't you just hate it when this happens?

I couldn't go to the toilet before I left home this morning due to the ongoing nightmare that is my constipation... :blush:

Now I'm at work with four hours to go - I really need the toilet, but I can't face trying to go in a work toilet stall.

Ugh! So uncomfortable! What would you do?

xx

Don't hold it in if possible!! I would go.. Hate to do it but I have at public stalls before and it's just better for you not to hold it and you will feel so much better! :hugs:

The problem is that I can only "go" if I'm the only one in there, or otherwise I get stagefright / shy bottom!

Hoping that I can wait until I get home...

Stage fright! ha ha Me too!
If you can at least go pee you might free up some space and feel a bit better until you get home. Maybe you will get lucky and find no one around. :)

Oh! Haha well that would make it more difficult! Hopefully you find yourself there at a time nobody is around then! :)

Ugh! I can't wait any longer... going to have to try to "go".

Wish me luck that the place is empty and that my uncooperative bowel will cooperate! :blush:

Thanks - it's awful.

I'm absolutely desperate to go - but can't relax enough to manage to (and the constipation doesn't help either!)

Even if I can get the place to myself, it takes so long, somebody else comes in!

Drink herbal laxative tea! Therapeutic Medicinal makes a great "smooth move" blend.... Maybe try it out?
Also, drink lots of water, try to go for a walk, drink a fresh fruit smoothie or some prune juice, eat a fresh green salad and let nature do the rest ~

If you drink coffee, try that. I have also found that apple juice and lots of water really help. I've been there, it's no fun :(

Holding it will increase constipation in the long run. Eat dates, real licorice, orange juice with pulp etc in the afternoon. I hope that by the time you get home, you can free up exclusive potty time (sorry potty training 3 year old with shy bowels myself). So, stimulate the bowels so you can get into routine of going at home. Good luck!

I read online that if you hold it, it makes the constipation worse. What I do when I need to go #2 at work is flush just as some is about to come out. Sorry, I know, TMI. But that way there's no embarrassing plop sound and no nasty smell. I don't know about you guys, but those prenatal vitamins make it smell 1000 times worse than normal. Sorry again, I know, TMI. Just thought I'd share my "trick".

Thanks everyone.

I know it's an embarrassing subject, but so nice to be able to ask about it :)

Typically, when I got home last night, I lost the "urge" to go. Still tried to go but couldn't. Same story this morning. Now I'm back at work and I DO need to go!

So currently waiting until I go home again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->