Constipation!

Dona

Reaction score
What's best to take whilst pregnant to relieve this? Can I take Senokot?

I've been eating Allbran and plain yoghurts. That helps. Also you're supposed to drink lots of water.

I think one of the other girls is taking fibogel for it. Failing that, lots of brown bread, allbran and activia yoghurts :)

My dr prescribed me lactoluse (sp?) so I'm guessing that's safe..

Eating food packed with fibre is all well and fine BUT make sure you drink plenty of fluid or all your gunna be doing is turning it all soft but it hasnt got anything there to flush it threw, so drink drink drink :)
Also orange juice is great for constipation, Have a glass or two before you go to bed and it should help things get moving the next day
X

drink lots of fluids, eat fruits and take benefiber if possible.

I personally won't take anything when pregnant or breastfeeding. To get rid of constipation I just drank LOTS of water, and as uncomfortable as it sounds take a long walk. By the time you get home you'll be running for the bathroom :p

Thanks girls, lots to think about! xxx

MW said senokot is a big no no as it can also affect baby.

As 'long road ahead' said, orange juice seems to be helping me! :) xx

It is best to eat fruit and veg and lots of water a glass of hot water helps too.
If it dose get real bad then go see your doctor they will know what to give you as they will know how far you are in the prgnancy and so.I can tell you that lactulose has no evidence of risk in pregnancy and they only symptoms are flatulence and stomach cramps.Senokot tablets not normaly given and fiber drinks are ok but make sure there no aspartame in it as senokot fibre drink has aspartame in it

I've been eating Allbran and plain yoghurts. That helps. Also you're supposed to drink lots of water.

Me too!!

My doc prescribed me some medicine but i havnt taken any yet as i wanted to try something more 'safe' so i have a bowl of high bran and it sorts the trick right out :D

The one thing I found worked was prune juice - tastes disgusting but gets things moving in a matter of hours!

The one thing I found worked was prune juice - tastes disgusting but gets things moving in a matter of hours!

How much of this stuff do you need to drink? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->