Contacting the church...

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
hello!! So I can finally post in here :) Yeyy!!
I need to contact the church (we have looked around the other day) and I have no idea what to say to the person I have to contact (the vicar has just retired so am going to contact the secretary of the next villages church as he was their vicar too). But I don't know what I should be asking etc...
Someone help?

xx

I'm no help as we aren't getting married in a church but I guess if you Just ring them and say you are looking in to getting married and ask them how you go about it they will be able to help you!

Hope someone can be more helpful :)

hello!! So I can finally post in here :) Yeyy!!
I need to contact the church (we have looked around the other day) and I have no idea what to say to the person I have to contact (the vicar has just retired so am going to contact the secretary of the next villages church as he was their vicar too). But I don't know what I should be asking etc...
Someone help?

xx

Exactly as you've said ;) Phone up the secretary of the church in the next village, but make it clear that you are not talking about getting married in their church, but in the one you want. If you know the name of the church, get that in! If the vicar has just retired and he's the only member of clergy for the parish (group of churches), you'll most likely be dealing with a churchwarden rather than a priest. You'll be asked some questions to fill out the paperwork required (your name, OHs name, jobs, DOB, address, father's names etc), and that's about it really! :) Do you live in the parish/attend the church you're after? If not, then you'll either have to find some "connection" with the church (If you need help with suggestions, just shout ;) ) or get yourself onto the electoral role for the church. It shouldn't be too much of a problem to sort one or the other out :)

ETA: All of the above is for the CofE... Should have specified really!

Congratulations!

Thanks for the reply... I've done it all now though lol! xx

Were waiting on the local dean coming back to us as he is the one who deals with weddings/christenings when a place has no vicar. But yeah it all sounds pretty straighforward :) xx

Were waiting on the local dean coming back to us as he is the one who deals with weddings/christenings when a place has no vicar. But yeah it all sounds pretty straighforward :) xx

Sounds great :) If you need anymore help, feel free to shout! (I'm involved with the booking of weddings etc at our church, so might be of some use... :flower:) Interregnum (when a vicar retires/leaves) is a difficult time for any church in terms of man power. HTH!

Thankyou :) The vicar we had was responsible for 5 churches so its not just our village struggling lol! I just hate waiting... I want a date!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->