Contented Baby Routine???

Lucy&Pard

Reaction score
I was totally unsure of this and had ruled it out totally until sunday when Leo cried his usual 3.30am but rather than crying for an hour he cried until 9am! He then did his usual napping all morning and then napping in the afternoon. I thought it was all well and good doing everything baby led but if baby is leading you to insanity then something has to change!

So I moved his cot back to the nursery :cry: was really sad but he is not far at all and I have the monitor- i always used whip him out when he starts crying (as hubby is asleep and has to get up at 6am) and I go down stairs and do the whole feeding rocking etc and bring him back up when he is asleep. So I wrote a brief routine down from the internet and although I only started it yesterday its working! I also found a copy of the Contented Sleep Baby Book and although she is really strict and I have been an hour out all day so far its been great! Im not like oh crap hes asleep Id better go to bed I know whats next and its great! My God! He has cried about 10 minutes in the last 24 hours rather than 8 hours! And I always used to go to bed at 12am so I go the most sleep in the early hours but now he is in bed and its great - Ive actually spoken to my hubby! I know its going to be hard over the next week or so but if it leads to eventually sleeping through the night then its worth it! He is still trying to sleep for ages in the day ( have to wake him up which is really hard as I feel so bad!) and sleep short spells at night but eventually it should switch - I hope as I am exhausted right now!

Anyone else doing a routine like this?

Sounds good. Can you give me the link? Like you, my hubby is up and out really early so I too would whip Poppy out of the bedroom and into the lounge as soon as she cried, then back into the moses basket in the bedroom when she was fed, changed and back asleep. However, on saturday night we stayed at a friend's house and put her in a separate room as there was no room for the basket in their spare room and we all slept so much better. She only woke once. So, the last three nights we have moved her out of our room and it is loads better. I am not so desperate to keep her quiet when she cries and I'm sure this leads to her waking up, crying a bit and then going back off soon after. Much better all round I think. I still bring her back in with me sometimes in the morning after hubby leaves for work but only if I'm too tired to get out of bed to feed her!

I'd be interested to find out more about the routine you are trying though. x

Sounds like things are improving! We've been lucky Hannah's a decent sleeper at night (she never had her days and nights mixed up)

Yeah a link would be great :) im willing to try anything for more sleep lol

Id love a link with some tips...

I had been trying a routine, but it got messed up tonight because we had to go out... sooo... back to it tomorow night!

Althought if there are suggestions id love to read them.

I read through this in desperation a few weeks ago :lol: I tried the routine for a few days but I found it stressful trying to get Jay off to such a strict timetable. But I found some of the information / ideas really helpful.

I had no idea how much a newborn needed to sleep and since getting Jay to nap much more during the day he is definately more contented - we have much less screaming and he is sleeping better in the nights too :happydance:

I know it would be even better if I put him into his bed in the nursery, but I can't quite bring myself to do it yet :( I think I'll do it in the new year when he's three months (but not sure I'll feel the same when it comes :shrug:)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->