• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Continuing To Use The Natural Parenting Section (After Yesterday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I'm going to clarify the reasons behind the short period Natural Parenting was closed off from new posts yesterday.

It isn't as simple as people with an opinion gets banned, neither is it direct a target of Natural Parenting, why would we introduce this new section if we had a problem with it? We wouldn't and I believe it's been successful.

A very small handful of ladies lately have shown to look for trouble, light the fire then run and have been brought to our attention over and over again with at least 50+ reported posts involving them. I'm sure you understand it becomes very frustrating and time consuming it only happens to be the Natural Parenting section they are more active in, we can't help that. It became obvious that a small minority thought the forum TOS didn't apply within this section being used for a 'we can say what we want here' with no regards to other members. It could have been any section it just so happened to be this one, again we can't help that.

I want to confirm that 90% of the reported posts from Natural Parenting were actually reported by the ladies who use it and is not in any way being targeting by any 'anti-behaviour'.

There is only so much patience any human can take and yesterday mine ran out along side having a bad day (I'm allowed those like everyone else) so my patience ran out before my brain kicked in and I closed the section from new posts whist deciding what was best, again this could have been any section. Yes I realised I was cutting a support from those who weren't in the small minority and it was reactivated and I took the decision to deactivate those accounts that have been monitored instead.

There are problems all over the forum, just because you only see those within the sections you are more active in doesn't mean it's the only situations arising and being dealt with, certainly not singled out.

Please don't assume members just get banned on what you see as one small comment or ever any parenting choice (madness) - that's not how it works, it is based on a number of factors and one of those I explained above regarding the recently banned members.

Members should use all sections with consideration for all other members (that doesn't mean you have to tip-toe), it's not always what you say but how you say it. In the Natural Parenting section there are many methods that fit in this catgory and people should also remember not everyone follows each one of those, so yes potentially will get offended at those comments slightly below the belt without seeking for it.

I don't think we need to usergroup this section not for a second, it was a small minority that happened to use this section, the activity of these specific members being the problem (not just within NP either) and not anything/anyone else or the section alone.

Everything else here runs smoothly with plenty of top advice and support, that you should all keep doing as you have been. I'll confirm there's no problem with the Natural Parenting section specifically.

So please continue as you have done before.

x

I won't stop any replies but I will close it off later on so we can definitely move on with the positive support the ladies here are seeking and giving x

Thanks as always Wobbs. I for one really appreciate you taking the time to make that post :flower:

Hope you are having a better day today too :hugs:

xxx

Echo what Pops says x

An explanation now, after the actions you took last night, well imo it isn't comforting to know we can just "continue as you have done before". Sorry but I for one was really shocked by your words in that thread (as u are an admin I expected a more calm approach to the conflicts), let alone the banning spree you went on without even sending out warnings or infractions to people. Members like Jetters should never have been banned and they will be greatly missed. Maybe I'll get banned too now for posting this but I can't just reply with a "Thank you Wobbles". What happened was totally out of hands, bad day or not for u it ended with it being a bad day for all the NP members.
I won't be able to post here again without thinking I'm walking on egg shells. That's all I've got to say, don't want to start any arguments but I needed these words to come out. Thks

Wow that's interesting because the small handful of ladies who were banned have been nothing but extremely helpful and just and right on with their facts and opinions. I feel that they have been judged by their slightly more radical parenting styles and that there are many other members that I have seen here that excercize their parenting styles just as intensely but they are not called upon because they fit in more with everyone elses styles. I have been lurking on this site for a while and I feel that their presence will be greatly missed and hopefully others will be able to carry on their spirit with similar point of views. We say so often that each baby and parent is different and yet I feel in this case itwasnt ok for them to be so different.
I really do appreciate that you took the time to explain, wobbles, but it's not in the rules that I need to agree? I will not mention it again, though.

TTC4NO3;

Jetters account is active.

Spam is spam and the rules confirm that spamming may result in your account being banned.

We banned members who have been issued with infractions in the past in fact one of them had an account previously that was banned and asked for return ...is that not enough of a chance alone? There were problems with accounts past what you may see so interfering in those issues and the actions that were taken isn't really helpful (your guessing or taking other peoples words for it).

Could you not assume or put the words into my mouth that people were banned by picking out where I stated I was having an off day because that's not the order I explained. I have a home and family to run too and I stated that until the decision of what was best was made I acted quickly without thinking and reopened shortly after taking the decision to deactivate accounts that were more than plenty brought to our attention and accounts that were under investigation. Accounts were deactivated with reason, good reason either from a long standing problem or breaking our TOS.

moomoomum;

I think you may have missed where I confirmed it wasn't just withing the NP section it just so happens most of their activity is within this section (which I didn't say most of their negative activity was within this section either).

Yes I found anothersquish mainly very helpful myself but helpful doesn't mend the times the account has had issues and warnings sent. You also seem to assume its just one thing and one section and not understand that it was an ongoing problem being monitored. I also didn't say that all issues were from this section, actually I will confirm it wasn't but as people were talking about the issues that have been within NP I did point out that it was other NP members reporting it.

It has nothing to do with difference :confused: I personally thought we were all parents doing things our own ways. It's not me who thinks anything else.

Wow that's interesting because the small handful of ladies who were banned have been nothing but extremely helpful and just and right on with their facts and opinions. .

I don't want to start an argument in this thread but I have to disagree,I've seen again and again some of the members that were banned making troublesome posts and putting people down.I myself have felt pretty crap after reading things some people have posted and I do a lot of 'natural parenting'.Maybe sometimes people who mostly post in natural parenting don't venture out of here and see posts that have been made in other sections? :shrug: ANYWAY,I had to say that but lets move past it..

Thanks for posting Wobbles,I understand why you did what you did but SO glad to have Natural Parenting back :happydance:

Oh and hope you're having a better day today

xxx

not fair wobbles. you shouldnt call her by name.

Agreed, we're not allowed to mention banned members by name.

Well that kinda defeats the purpose of this thread and it should be locked... or you can stop being petty and use the thread for what it is obviously intented.

Well that kinda defeats the purpose of this thread and it should be locked... or you can stop being petty and use the thread for what it is obviously intented.

for what? to say thanks and move on? some of us have a different opinion or is that frowned upon?

I would just like to say that, I'm not sure I believe 90% of reported posts come from regular users of this section (mostly because most of them have been banned). I think that people need to stop being so offended by other opinions. For instance, someone I know has kittens and was trying to sell them I said, I'm not a cat person so wouldn't want one. She didn't fall out with me over or tell me how insulted she was that I didn't like cats because it's needless and if she did, she would be looking for an argument which is what most of the people who come here do. And people do feel the need to judge us because of our parenting tecniques (ie the 6 different people who all posted the same threads about how we were all going to suffocate our babies :dohh:). And it's threads from people outwith this section that I have seen most 'angst' from. And in all honesty, if people are happy whith their parenting decisions, why would they be upset by someone else?

I know people are upset about certain members getting banned, as am I, but I think we need to remember to at least show a little respect to the admin. They take time out of their lives to do this and money out of their pockets. As an admin of a similar forum I know how much work goes into it, but mine isn't nearly this big so it's even more of the issues....it takes a lot of work. If they feel it's ok to break the rules for the purpose of explaining themselves then so bit. I for one am glad Wobbles at least took some time to explain why she chose to do what she did.

Well personally I think Wobbles post is fair enough - the general users on a forum do not see the whole picture - the admins do because every time users are involved in unpleasantness it is flagged to them - chances that us users see that all the time is very slim.

Some users simply push and push the boundaries til it gets to the point where its not acceptable and a ban is the only way to stop them. It happens on every forum because there are always people who think their opinion is worth more than someone elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back