• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Continuing To Use The Natural Parenting Section (After Yesterday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reason we don't report other things is because instead of getting on our high horse about them,we just leave people to it. Their kids, their lives up them what they do IMO. If someone says I don't pick my baby up every time he/she cries I think it's OK to let them cry it out and don't like picking them up all the time. I don't jump in and say well, that means that I'm wrong for picking my baby up and your out of order and should be thinking of others feeling. I think meh, that's up to them and them to it. I wisjh the same coutesy would be extended. If someone said I hate cloth nappies I wouldn't care either cos it's nothing to do with me :shrug:

But, if someone said I hate cloth nappies because cloth nappy babies smell like wee, get sore bums, and I don't know, for examples sake, get autism! You wouldn't even be a little peeved at them saying your baby smells, is going to get a sore bum and could get autism when all of the above ARE NOT TRUE?

Like I said before, nothing to do with me and if something that I was doing with my baby was linked to Autism, I would be reading up on it and rethinking my parenting tecniques

And disposable nappies do stink, mostly because of wee mixed with chemicals but I'm not saying cloth doesn't

MOST people on here know it takes a lot for a member to be banned.

Honestly I don't think that's the case for alot of us here. I for one feel as though I'm walking on eggshells because if I disagree, my fate will be the same as the others. I was under the impression that this thread was started in order to allow some debate on what went on yesterday so there could be some level of understanding but to be perfectly honest, I have been keeping an eye on the thread and have not felt comfortable posting in case it means the end of my BnB membership. I have a number of non NP friends on this site and don't want to lose track of them.
NP or non NP it really doesn't matter :wacko: that's not what this is about, just so happens to have ended from this section. Neither is their parenting methods related to any bans.

I have friends in the NP too (some from real life) so it makes no difference.

Lo has to use sposies at night and they do smell but at times so does cloth nappies. I dont like the fact that it was an innocent comment that was made and then someone has to came along and cause trouble.

I do think sometimes that the tone of someone's thoughts are very hard to interpret reading through text. There have been so many times that if I didn't have smilies plastered all over my posts to show that I wasn't upset people thought that I was... if that makes sense?

So I'm sure there have been miscommunication between someone thinking that a person was being mean when they weren't intending to be, iykwim?

:)

I know what you mean tiff, it is difficult to know exactly what someone means when it is just 'words on a screen' i think thats my sometimes i over use smilies lol

thats just it... the thread was disrupted by a non np person and i know it was a long time coming so it seems but it is a section for like minded people with similar opinions so i think we should be allowed to sat that WE think cloth is better or bfing is better or whatever. its our opinion and most here in np agree

MOST people on here know it takes a lot for a member to be banned.

Honestly I don't think that's the case for alot of us here. I for one feel as though I'm walking on eggshells because if I disagree, my fate will be the same as the others. I was under the impression that this thread was started in order to allow some debate on what went on yesterday so there could be some level of understanding but to be perfectly honest, I have been keeping an eye on the thread and have not felt comfortable posting in case it means the end of my BnB membership. I have a number of non NP friends on this site and don't want to lose track of them.
NP or non NP it really doesn't matter :wacko: that's not what this is about, just so happens to have ended from this section. Neither is their parenting methods related to any bans.

I have friends in the NP too (some from real life) so it makes no difference.

My point was that I have other ways of staying in touch with my NP friends but tend to keep track of my non NP friends here.

You concentrating on one thread from your view but it's not about one thread one view.

Regarding the members who have had their accounts deactivated I think thats the last I will comment on the matter or it goes round and round in circles.

:)

There's no harm in saying cloth is better etc, if you put it across nicely. I think sometimes it is just how something is worded - that's where people take offence.

Somebody said they would laugh/make a comment about someone buying cheap chicken is mean - just no need for it.

Anyway, thank you for keeping it open as I think when Leni comes I will be using this forum x

Lu28;

Ah sorry for misunderstanding.

People seem to be under the impression it's just those who may use NP that are banned though and that's most definitely false. People have grouped a couple of friends who happen to use the section to looking like those who NP should be careful of their membership, which is wrong in more than one way (although I am not saying you personally there).

The reason for that person commenting on cheap chicken is because she has a history of working with battery hens and see's how they are treated and it's animal cruelty IMO. You wouldn't keep a dog like. Hence why she said it's scummy because she know what these animals have been through and to be honest in this day and age we should all know where food we eat comes from.

People also live within their means.

Exactly - some people can not afford anything but that - they should not be laughed at or looked down at.

Yes but that was obviously something close to home for her :shrug: or is that opinion not allowed? You see this is where the line is blurred, she cannot take offence to someone buying chicken which has been kept in a cage it's whole life but others can take offence when someone say nappies stink :confused:

I think the reason we don't report other things is because instead of getting on our high horse about them,we just leave people to it. Their kids, their lives up them what they do IMO. If someone says I don't pick my baby up every time he/she cries I think it's OK to let them cry it out and don't like picking them up all the time. I don't jump in and say well, that means that I'm wrong for picking my baby up and your out of order and should be thinking of others feeling. I think meh, that's up to them and them to it. I wisjh the same coutesy would be extended. If someone said I hate cloth nappies I wouldn't care either cos it's nothing to do with me :shrug:

You don't know what other people find offensive though - everyone is different, what you can ignore others can not - a forum cant just allow people to say what they like no matter who it offends in the hope that anyone who is offended will simply ignore it!

I do spend a fair amount of time reading the NP forum and I really do not get the people who claim that they are victims of the non NP forum members picking on them - if I am completly honest i will say that sometimes it feels a little bit the other way around - that some folk, some of who aren't here, posted in a manner that came across of rather superior. Almost laughing at anyone's reasoning for not using NP methods.

At the end of the day, we all are mothers, we are all grown adults, we all want the very best for our children...as long as they are happy and healthy who cares what they wear on their butts?

I started off using cloth and I loved it, but for the sheer mass of washing it created I gave up and went over to sposies,(am just dipping my toe back into cloth again) I don't care what other peoples opinions are on my parenting ways, and I don't really care about theirs...its their choice, just as it is mine.

My point is, we all have different idea's and people coming into here should respect that, we all have opinions and we all think we are doing the best for our kids...why kick up a fuss about it? Why knock others down because its not your way?:shrug:
No we cant all ignore comments that put us down but to literally shove their beliefs/ways down others throats on a daily basis is not acceptable.

Wobbles has explained herself, theres nothing more she can do, so please just accept it and move on (no you dont have to reply with 'thanks wobbs!' if you don't want to).:winkwink:

Please lets not get back in to the chicken debate or why the chicken debate happened? People have been banned for good reasons,lets leave it all in the past and move forward? :flower:

This is making my head hurt today. :dohh:

xxxxx

Yes but that was obviously something close to home for her :shrug: or is that opinion not allowed? You see this is where the line is blurred, she cannot take offence to someone buying chicken which has been kept in a cage it's whole life but others can take offence when someone say nappies stink :confused:

Agreed - this is what others have meant when they have stated that they feel there is 'one rule for one and one for another'. It's confusing to only seemingly randomly enforce certain rules and leaves us with this sense of trepidation that at any minute our passion for the way we parent our own children will cause us to be silenced.

We are already in the minority in real life, thus a sense of solace builds in these sort of forums and, as such, if our community feels attacked we naturally defend not only our beliefs but our friends, too.

Regardless of reasoning, the shape of the section has now changed due to holes created in haste and bitterness and it will most likely not be the same friendly corner for advice it once was.

I am thankful that it existed once as it was, and will miss it greatly...or I would, were there not another way...

Agreed - this is what others have meant when they have stated that they feel there is 'one rule for one and one for another'. It's confusing to only seemingly randomly enforce certain rules and leaves us with this sense of trepidation that at any minute our passion for the way we parent our own children will cause us to be silenced.

We are already in the minority in real life, thus a sense of solace builds in these sort of forums and, as such, if our community feels attacked we naturally defend not only our beliefs but our friends, too.

Regardless of reasoning, the shape of the section has now changed due to holes created in haste and bitterness and it will most likely not be the same friendly corner for advice it once was.

I am thankful that it existed once as it was, and will miss it greatly...or I would, were there not another way...

i feel the same!:thumbup:

That's bit harsh - the banned members were not the only ones giving advice, and there are lots of friendly people here who have great advice to share.

There are plenty of folk who will not miss the banned members, others that will - that doesn't mean the forum cant move on and be just as successful as it has been - it didn't (contrary to their belief) revolve around them and their opinions.

I really cant see why people are assuming the forum is now doomed after the loss of a few members and the 1 hour closure!

O good lord, they hate the place (apart from NP and maybe a couple of other sections), slag off how it's run, 9 times out of 10 don't think about others feelings and then continue to moan for days on end about being banned because they can't get on said forum!! Life goes on!! Any generated bitterness will only come from the people using the section who IMO are not ones who I'd want around anyway!! This forum is owned an run by a group of people who do it for free and IMO if you don't like it, you know where that little red cross is in the corner of your screen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"