• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Contraception after baby..

last baby i took the mini pill and it worked great for the time being. We knew we wanted kids fairly close in age, so i wanted to be able to stop whenever we were ready to start again. This is our last (#2) for the foreseeable future, so i will get mirena. I work in a GYN office and it is by far the most popular form of birth control.

last baby i took the mini pill and it worked great for the time being. We knew we wanted kids fairly close in age, so i wanted to be able to stop whenever we were ready to start again. This is our last (#2) for the foreseeable future, so i will get mirena. I work in a GYN office and it is by far the most popular form of birth control.

I think that's what I'm leaning towards trying, if we do decide to have a third we don't want a big gap either. Lots of women at my work have the mirena put in too. I've only heard bad things about it tho, so that's put me off trying it...

Thinking he will get the snip ! Although we are both under 30 so I'm not sure how that works with the nhs etc

Before OH and I decide to ttc, I was pretty much just keeping up with my cycles and dh used the pull out method. Must have worked better than I thought it did, because the very first time we "tried", I got pregnant!

After another LO or 2, I've decide he will get the snip :p haha he isn't as convinced yet, but opened to the idea so I think he will be on board by then.

I'm also one who hate hormonal BC's, and the iud scares me.

We already have an appointment to see the doctor about a vasectomy. And I've signed the paperwork if I end up with a c section I can get my tubes tied at the same time. I hate birth control and I've tried it all. My body goes completely beserk on it. The iud was the worst for me.

Rhi I thought that too but my bil is 29 and has just arranged a vasectomy on the NHS after 2 kids, no one even mentioned his age.

Dh is planning on a vasectomy, until then we'll use condoms. I've never been on the pill so I see no point starting now. I'd just forget it anyway :dohh:

Husband wants to get a vasectomy he is quite happy to go and get it done but until then i may go back on the pill i havent decided but i know i dont want another baby!

Copper iud all the way. I loved mine! No hormones no problem!!

We are thinking pill. I was on the pill for nearly 10 years before we got pregnant and didn't have any terrible side effects. IF we decide to have another baby I would prefer to have a smaller age gap. My sister and I are 7 years apart (not on purpose, mom had fertility issues) so I think we will only be on the pill for a year or just over.

Silke I think this is a zombie thread :)

But just to add my two cents I used the shot. I started with mini pill since I was pumping. It KILLED my already crap supply. Got the shot because I kept forgetting the pill. And each time I got the shot I produced less and less milk. Last shot was 03/2018. Didn’t get my first pp af until 10/2018 after medication to bring it on. My cycles are now between 30-40 days long. So on hindsight would not have done it looking back.

I'll be going on the IUD/copper coil. I came off it after a year and a half to get pregnant and would never look back! There's no hormones in it so your body maintains a natural rhythm anyway and it lasts for 5 years :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->