Contraception after child birth & planning another

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I've seen so many problems come from the pill and other contraception methods so now I'm wondering what to do!

We VERY nearly agreed on trying for #2 as and when it happened tbh but my OH rightly was in 2 minds and said he'd like to get an 'us' back! Its been such a harsh journey hes right so thats that but when we do decide to go for it again I don't fancy the complication I mean I had enough of that as it was :dohh:

Whats the mini pill? Is there a difference
The cap - is this uncomfy?
Any other suggestions?

:blush:

Hmm- what about condoms? I know alot of people hate them but we havent had any problems out of them. You could try an IUD but i have read/heard that can cause some issues when you TTC so thats prolly not a good idea :) My midwife wanted to put me on the mini pill - i think it was yaz? (cant remember)- after i had Jackson. She didnt want me on the normal BC pills as i had pre-eclampsia and my BP was still a little on the high side. She wanted me to come back in like 2 weeks and well by then I had had enough of those people :rofl:

I found this on the mini pill! Hope it helps some!
https://www.fwhc.org/birth-control/minipill.htm

all I can say is don't use the withdrawal method ;)

Does it not work Beanie? lol :lol:

I've used the coil - both between my daughter and son (3 years) and my son and now (9 years!!)

Found it to be reliable and it didnt cause me any problems with my periods. I just had the normal type (no hormone)

Conceived quickly after having it taken out too both times.

I know others may not have had positive experiences but it worked for me!!! I shall probably have another later on.

PS - I also dont like the pill - made me very sick!!!! At least with the coil its there and you can forget about it!!

Hmmm, Im not sure on this one Wobbles, I used the mini pill before we TTC, and I found that better than the ordinary pill. Why not go and have a chat at the family planning? Obviously you dont want anything long term.........I find abstinance the best way ROFL!!!!

i have to deicde this too, Jase has counciling in Jan for the snip and then he will have to wait 6 weeks for it to be done, then he has to hand in 3 samples over the following 9 months! :(

I have no idea what im going to take or use, hopeing teh HV can advise me on this

x

what about the injection or the bar in ur arm or the coil talk to ur HV babe xxx

Injection is a major no no if you want more kids.
It causes so many problems to come off it.

I don 't know if it is available there, but I used the Nuvaring for year. The only problem I had with it was I found I became more and more sensitive down there, and not in a good way. Since we were getting married soon, I went off BC. We used rhythm and condoms for 2 1/2 years with out getting pregnant.

we use condoms i put on weight with the mini pill other contraceptive pills dont agree with me i did want the coil but my dp said no ??? dunno why so we use condoms now have been for months xx

dont try the, she's only 3 weeks, once wont hurt! method either - doesnt work lol

TRUST ME!!!! wait till she's older older, i was at the very same stage you are now when i fell pregnant with Kabe, it's not as easy as youd think

See thats it I don't think it will be easy peasy BUT I'm liking the idea that they are close in age and completing my family before I am 30 (I only want two) plus I had issues conceiving and holding a preganncy so time may or not prove an issue again :D

i couldnt be happier with the time and age between them, it'll be 7 months 1week and 4 days, but it's not ideal in certain situations. My partners parents are great luckily and we have support from them. Im sure i read somewhere that once you have one child it's eaiser to concive another the sooner you try as your body is still full of the pregnancy hormones, figures i guess. If you really want another, go for it, it wont hurt to try will it, and if it happens then that would be the best news ever

What ya want and what ya get is two diff things though

:rofl:

Do need to see the quack!

Can't use condoms he'd have to put it on with lights off Im really childish and giggle :rofl:

LMAO! aww my sister is like that, she cant handle it, she announced it during chirstmas dinner last yr haha, poor man was so red he nearly choked :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->