contraception help! please read and advise

Inge

Leo and Jamie
Reaction score
Im on my second month and Iv booked an appointment on monday for a review. Ever since I started taking it Iv gotten really bad tight stomach cramps very low down, diarrhea(sp) and nausua. I took this pill before I was pregnant and had no side effects at all. I thought id be fine this time but obviously not :wacko: IV no idea what contraception to use next. Iv got loads of condoms but OH will not use them :dohh: and I was on the depo shot 2 years ago and gained 2st and took a year for my periods to return so dont want to go there again. Anyone got an option thats not too hormonal and hasnt got many bad effects? I know everything has side effects but im sick of feeling like my tummys being caught in a vice every day all day :cry:

:wave: Hello

I have found this and used my own knowledge :winkwink:
Hope you find it useful :) .. It might be a little long :dohh:

There is always the contraceptive implant? The implant is inserted under the skin of your upper arm and it lasts for three years.
You can have the implant removed at any time, and your natural fertility will return very quickly. implant stops the release of an egg from the ovary by slowly releasing progestogen into your body. It thickens the cervical mucus and thins the womb lining. This makes it harder for sperm to move through your cervix, and less likely for your womb to accept a fertilised egg. If implanted correctly, it's more than 99% effective. Less than one woman in 1,000 will get pregnant in one year.
A common side effect of the implant is that your periods stop (amenorrhoea). It's not harmful, but you may want to consider this before deciding to have an implant.

Ot the Marina Coil?
The IUD is a long-acting reversible contraceptive. You can use an IUD whether or not you've had children. An intrauterine device (IUD) is a small T-shaped plastic and copper device that’s inserted into your womb. The IUD works by preventing sperm from surviving in the cervix, womb or fallopian tubes. It may also prevent a fertilised egg from implanting in the womb.
IUDs are more than 99% effective. This means that less than one in every 100 women who use one of the new IUDs will become pregnant in one year.
• Changes to your periods are common in the first three to six months after an IUD is put in, but they're likely to go down after this. It can make your periods heavier, longer or more painful, and you might get spotting or bleeding between periods. Heavy bleeding can be treated, so talk to your doctor or nurse about this.

i was thinking of the implant but im squeemish about it being put in! have you had one? Also worried about how it will be taken out. The no periods is great and that it doesnt affect long term fertility :thumbup:

I would be cautionary with the implant, as it can lead to utopic pregnancy if it shifts to much. What I will suggest is a single hormone pill, instead of the multi-hormone pill.

i was thinking of the implant but im squeemish about it being put in! have you had one? Also worried about how it will be taken out. The no periods is great and that it doesnt affect long term fertility :thumbup:[

I used 2 hav the implant in.... if i can do it u can! im really squeemish but didnt feel a thing.. they numb ur arm before puttin it in. it was done in seconds.taking it out was just as easy...didnt feel it at all... although i do hav a small scar where they took it out.

Gonna have a little rant here, aimed at selfish men....ignore it if you feel its irrelevant.

But as I read it, your OH refuses to wear a little piece of rubber....and instead is happy for you to jack yourself full of synthetic hormones, with or without bad side-effects, which may or may not be long-lasting...knowing you've had bad side-effects in the past...?
Bah, just tell him to man up, get over it, and roll it on!

"No glove,no love" that's what I would be saying to him!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->