Contraception question

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Since I had Lucy, I have been on 3 different types of pill, but all of them are giving me awful headaches. I was on the pill for 5 years before I had Lucy with no probs at all but even that one isnt working now!
Thing is, I was told at my last appointment that if the headaches dont stop, I will have to use another form of contraception.
I cant have the injection as im allergic to it, the coil and implant are too long term and I dont trust condoms at all!
As awful as it sounds, shall I just lie to the docs and say the headaches have stopped?

I wouldn't lie if it were me but I would say that you wanted to try some more if you do want to stay on the pill hun.

It took me years to find one that agreed with me and I finally did - Yasmin - I have never had a problem with it.

Hope you get one, or something, that suits soon xxx

The implant lasts for 3 years but you can have it taken out sooner if you want.

To be honest hun, the thought of having it scares me! My boss had one just before I left and her arm looked battered and bruised!

To be honest hun, the thought of having it scares me! My boss had one just before I left and her arm looked battered and bruised!

I think it depends on the skill of the person putting it in. I bruse realy easy, i had a small bruise when i got it in and i had bruise about the lenght and width of a finger when i got it out but that was only because a piece of skin had grown around it under my main bit of skin iukwim?

Id recomend it anyday.

Do you have to want it for a certain amount of time for them to give you it? For example if you only wanted it for a few months? xx

They never asked but you could just lie? lol

I guess but then I wouldnt wanna go back a few months later and they refuse to take it out! lol

have u tryed the patch?
my friend really likes it xx

I guess but then I wouldnt wanna go back a few months later and they refuse to take it out! lol

They cant refuse to take it out lol just say something My oh decided he would like another one now instead of the 3 years like we had planed.

Lozzy, thats a good idea! Im still scared of it but I will deffo speak to the doc on thurs! Thank you!

have u tryed the patch?
my friend really likes it xx

Never heard of it hun... what is it? xx

its given instead of the pill or implant its quite new! they do it at most brooks and family planning

u stick the patch where ever and change it once a week u can swim with it or go in the bath after three weeks wearing it u have a seven day break!

https://www.brook.org.uk/content/M2_1_9_patch.asp

hope this link works xx

I think the implant has to be in 6 months before they take it out
I would recommend it to anyone!
Apart from I had to wait long for my period afterwards. . .
xx

Although I think it's 6 months because some people don't cope well at first and they recommend 'sticking with it'.

So if you wanted it taken out then Im sure they would, they never even asked me how long mine was in when they removed it and it was at a different place.

Patches sound good!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->