Contraception Woes!!

E

Eightiesbirdx

Well, im really confused about these things.

Ive been on the pill now since i was 17, im now 20. Im waiting to concieve and i was thinking about this a second ago, ive heard that once you come off the pill you have this massive long period that lasts like a month and its harder to get pregnant once your off it and it messes up your ovulation times so doctors cant determine how far you are until you have the first scan..So now im a hell of a lot confused :shrug:

Can anyone seperate the fact from the fiction, so i can kinda put my mind and ease and look forward to eventually stopping taking this stupid thing haha!

Thank you :)

Danielle x

Well i got pregnant ON the pill so.. I'd say that wasn't correct X

I also got pregnant on the pill. If you are taking it correctly (ie 3 weeks on and 1 weeks off) you shouldnt have a problem getting a regular schedule back immediately. The hormones are out of your body in less then 24 hours anywa.

Hi

I've just come off the pill (mid June) after nearly 15 yrs on it. I had my pill break bleed and then 30 days later I had a real period which lasted for about 5-6 days. It was a bit more painful than a period on the pill was, but it def didn't last a month.

I do know that not everyone is the same, I've read about people not having periods for ages after coming off the pill too, which I was convinced would happen to me but it didn't.

Hey hun, welcome to the forum.
I have heard it does take longer with the pill for your cycles to go back into order, but as with everything like this it seems, it does vary from lady to lady. If you have a distinct ttc time in planning, could you come off and use non-hormonal contraception until then?

:hugs:

I could do that but would the hormone free ones make me ill or put on more weight as ive been struggling with my waistline for quite some time, and thank you :) xx

i was on the pill for 3 years, came off it in July last year and was pregnant by August!!! my body is like clock work though so i was under no other impression other than that i would fall pg straight away! Every bodies body (!) is different. some times it can come out of your system right away and some time it can take a few months to regulate itself. Just try as normal after you come off it.

I also think it varies from person to person. I went off the pill May 13th, and had a withdrawl bleed 2 days later that lasted 3 days. Had my normal period June 9th, hubby came home June 11th from work (offshore job). I was pregnant before he went back to work July 10th. I assumed it would take longer, but it didn't.

When the doctor told me to stop taking the pill he said that it could take up to 3 months for my cycles to regulate. He said that medical professionals recommend not trying to conceive for 3 months after stopping BC. However, that is just a recommendation for dating purposes since your period CAN be irregular for a few months. The hormones are out of your body shortly after discontinuing use. It can just take awhile for your normal hormone production to kick in gear.

A month long period sounds far too long. You will probably have longer/heavier ones than normal, with varying cycle lengths, but I think most women after 3-6 months are back to a pretty regular cycle.

There's not really any harm in getting pg straight after stopping the pill, it just makes dating a bit trickier at first as the docs usually go off your last true period - which isn't really a problem as they can just do an early scan like you said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->