Contraception

I'm having the implant removed ASAP just waiting on an appointment, I'm going to have the copper coil I think, give my body a rest from hormones.

I used a gynefix, and nfp. (gynefix is a frame less copper IUD) I am looking to get a sterilisation, my oh was less keen on having one so I think I may have one.

Mirena coil here. It's fantastic. I got it to help with my painful heavy periods which nothing bar hormones helps with. It hurt going in and for about a couple of days after but it's been a few months now and I've hardly bled at all and only had the odd cramp. Brilliant relief!

I got my implant taken out today (hurrah!) And I'm not gettig another. My periods are So irregular, most months I have two :(
It was ok when breastfeeding, but since stopping last may I've had irregular periods and I have put on a stone (I dont know if that is due to stoppibg bfing or implant
though)
Im going with the coil next.

Copper coil for me. I had it put in 12 weeks post birth and it hurt like nothing on earth! But i wasn't actually recovered from all the stitches i had so i think thats why.

Other than that it's great - periods are usually ok, a bit more erratic that i was pre children but that might be children rather than coil. It's great not having to worry about it. I don't need any check ups with it but then again i have a smear every 3-5 years and they check the strings then anyway.

Wow thanks for all the input. It seems many more people have had a bad experience with the implant and it causes really irreg periods.

So one of the coils it is. just which one?

can I ask a personal Q...do your OH ever feel it?

Wow thanks for all the input. It seems many more people have had a bad experience with the implant and it causes really irreg periods.

My OH could never feel it when we were DTD but felt it with his fingers a few times in the lead up lol.

No never, there are threads you're supposed to check every month to be sure it is still in place but I have never found them nor hubby (but I don't bother to try to be honest, naughty I know). From my understanding the coil itself is in the womb so you wouldn't be able to feel the actual coil because surely *things* don't go passed the cervix...? But I'm very niave to these things lol. I sometimes feel like I can feel it move during, as I get a tad bit of cramping but that could be in my head it's been a while since I've had that.

i have the copper coil and love it. I'm usually quite queasy about things like that (I don't even really use tampons because I find them a bit ick) but I'm fine with this because you don't even know it's there! No hormones, no remembering anything and it can stay put for years. The insertion is a bit uncomfortable but it's worth it for years of hassle-free contraception in my opinion. I know some people find it makes periods worse though, luckily I don't have this problem with it. X

OH doesn't ever feel it. I do because i do check mine as i have a weird fear of loosing it :blush: If your OH could feel it then the strings need cutting.

I was told never to try and check it as to many people dislodge it or panic if the strings are ticked away. I just went for 6 monthly checks with the nurse.

I was told never to try and check it as to many people dislodge it or panic if the strings are ticked away. I just went for 6 monthly checks with the nurse.

The threads are there purposefully for women to check (and help with removal I guess) the doctor didn't cut them as much this time in the hope if they were longer they would be easier for me to find, but I still refuse to check lol. I've had two put in in two completely different areas with checks by different people and have always had my hands slapped for not checking them so it surprises me you were told different, although it sounds logical to me.

No he doesnt. Also the gynefix coil doesnt hurt and doesnt make periods stronger either :)

Ive had copper coil again and no probs at all. Best IMO and no yukky hormones.

I was really worried about the coil threads but they've never been felt. My doctor showed me the difference in the mirena and copper coil and she even let me feel the threads, the threads on the mirena felt a lot like wire to me whereas the copper threads were very soft, she also told me the threads tend to creep up and hide round the cervix.

I'm on Depo, never had any problems with it.

I was considering an IUD, but had a few things scare me off of those...I didn't like the idea that IF you happened to get pregnant while using one, it would have to be removed which would likely cause a miscarriage. If not removed, it could be life threatening to yourself. Really didn't like those 2 options. I've also had two friends within the last year have to have them surgically removed because the IUD travelled up too far into the uterus. One happened right as the OBGYN was inserting it:dohh: So she immediately went from getting an IUD to an emergency surgery to remove it. Yikes. The whole things just scared me off them.

thanks again ladies...honestly what did women do before the internet. life must have been a guessing game.

thanks again ladies...honestly what did women do before the internet. life must have been a guessing game.

I often wonder this, my mum and hubby often ask me to "ask on the forum" (aka here) lol as they know I always get a good range of answers! It's like my own Which guide haha.

We use the withdrawal method, if done correctly it only has a 2% more failure rate than the condom. I really didn't want to be on anything hormonal because it makes me bleed and be emotional so we thought we'd try something else, was a bit apprehensive at first but we've use it for 2 and half years and no slip ups :)

Also, I should also say that because I suffer from migraines, a lot of options are automatically not possibly hence as to why I was left with only a few which didn't agree with me - something to consider if you're also by chance a migraine sufferer.

I have the mirena coil and it has been great for me. I have no periods apart from the odd light spotting every few months. I was told to regularly check the strings too but do forget

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->