Contractions or Pushing?

For me, contractions were the worst. I don't remember the pushing bit being painful, just a massive uncontrollable urge and a huge relief compared to what had preceded it. My transtitional bit only lasted about 20 mins but it was relentless; I remember saying all the usual "I'm not doing it" stuff but when it changed, I don't remember pain at all. I don't recall any of the burning on crowning or anything.

Contractions most definately hurt this time round the birth was so quick (2nd stage 9 mins) and i was sleepy on pethidine that I didn't even feel any pain pushing him and didn't realise he had even come out just a sense of relief. I only realised when I heard the midwife say to df come and get your baby (I gave birth stood up and she passed Lewis through my legs to him).

With my 2nd daughter I found the pushing more painful and with my 1st daughter the contractions more painful. x

pushing for me because he was transverse and he wasnt coming i pushed for 3 hours before they realised he was coming out side ways and they had to use the vaccum to get him coming the right away it was awful

contractions by far BUT for me because they refused to break my waters & i had to push with them it wasnt as pain free as pushing without your waters there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->